Excursion question

Rh2458

Last time we were on a Carnival cruise we met an awesome couple from Brazil that were telling us about their day in Cozumel. They did a cooking excursion that sounded like a whole lot of fun. In looking at our Freedom cruise stopping in Cozumel I am not finding that excursion. What I'm wondering is if new excursions are added as it gets closer to the cruise. Is that pretty common, or is what's listed now for the November cruise basically all there will be?

Last time we were on a Carnival cruise we met an awesome couple from Brazil that were telling us about their day in Cozumel. They did a cooking excursion that sounded like a whole lot of fun. In looking at our Freedom cruise stopping in Cozumel I am not finding that excursion. What I'm wondering is if new excursions are added as it gets closer to the cruise. Is that pretty common, or is what's listed now for the November cruise basically all there will be?

There are some tours that can only be booked on the ship. I'm not sure about these.

I have a Fun Ashore Guide from last year and the two culinary tours listed are:

SALSA & SALSA $79.99 Adult, $59.99 Child. On this tour you not only learn to make salsa, but you also learn to salsa dance. There is also time at the beach and the tour is 4 hours.

MEXICAN CUISINE COOKING & TASTING $85.99 per person. On this tour you make traditional Mexican Cuisine at your own workstation, then eat what you've made. There is also beach time. Minimum age is 14, maximum is 70 and you must be able to stand for 90 minutes. Tour duration is 5 hours.

SALSA & SALSA $79.99 Adult, $59.99 Child. On this tour you not only learn to make salsa, but you also learn to salsa dance. There is also time at the beach and the tour is 4 hours.

We did this excursion in 2012. This was held at a hotel across the street from the water and offered a nice view of the sea. You learned to make 6 or 7 salsas (one was sweet) and ate each one with chips and quesadillas...a real nice ice cream was provided to go with the sweet salsa. All the while, the margaritas were free-flowing...and free.

After the cooking, there was a salsa dancing class, which was equally fun whether you were learning or watching.

The last part of the excursion was either time at the beach/pool of the hotel or you could go back to the ship, which allowed time for shopping at the pier. On our excursion there wasn't time for both...either shopping or beach.

It was a lot of fun and we enjoyed it.

Thanks all. I believe the one the couple from Brazil did was the cooking one that was shown in this thread that we are hoping to be able to do, but as I said it's not listed yet. I have seen the Salsa one listed and we're seriously considering that one. I did find through an internet search the Josefina one that Shotzyok is doing on July 13th cruise. I was just a tad concerned since it's not one listed through the cruise, but it does sound very interesting. Thanks for everyone's help.

Kelly