Itierary change august 2015

We booked only our 3rd cruise with celebrity three weeks ago called Italy and the Greek isles sailing from Barcelona back to Barcelona 13 nights, to celebrate hubby's big 50. Since then we have received a revised confirmation stating it's now called Italy and the med leaving Barcelona and arriving at Rome with 5 different ports. We booked this well in advance to stagger the cost, get the cabin we wanted and visiting places we have already researched. When I rang after being on hold for 20 minutes I was told the uk office has no information currently from America! They will get back to me as soon as they can! Is this usual to change an itinerary so much?

some cruise lines do that. I have no experiences wih Celebrity but I know that Costa and AIDA have done so recently. If you had booked under German law you would have the right to cancel without charge. Don´t know how other countries do this. At least Celebrity should have to pay your extra costs as for the flight from another airport and offer maybe a price reduction or OBC as a compensation.

It's not unheard of. This year, a Med cruise was removed from the inventory altogether, after passengers had booked it, because the ship was chartered. Something similar may be happening to you. It's not a good thing for those who plan ahead as you did.

What is the date of your cruise? If we know that we can look on the US website.

Have you checked your Roll Call? Other passengers may have more information to share with you.

We've just booked the Equinox for 1st August for 13 nights Barcelona to Barcelona and i've noticed its disappeared from the website. I rang Celebrity and they said my booking is fine and nothings changed! What date is your booking and which ports have changed - I'm a little concerned:(

http://www.Celebrity.com is showing the 1 Aug 2015 Barcelona to Rome, and is NOT showing the 14 and 26 Aug cruises at all (both were supposed to be 12 night Barcelona round trips). I can find all of the original cruises still on some TA sites. The next cruise Celebrity is listing is a 7 Sep 12 night from Barcelona to Istanbul. Something strange is going on.

Thom

Edited by TravelerThom

The US website shows that this cruise is Barcelona - Rome, 13 nights, August 1, 2015, with the next cruise not until September.

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that the ship has been chartered for the intervening time, and the group chartering it (actually most likely it is two groups doing two separate charters) wanted the cruise to begin in Rome.

My invoice for August the first says leave Barcelona

Itinerary now says

Provence Toulon France

Cannes France

Florence Pisa Livorno Italy

Ajaccio Corsica

Sea

Valetta

Sea

Kotor Montenegro

Corfu Greece

Sea

Sicily Messina

Amalfi coast

Arriving in Rome NOT Barcelona.

We are sad to say the least, will wait for them to get back to me to see what they say :confused:

We were booked on the Aug. 14 cruise in 2015 and just now got a phone call from my TA that we've been bumped from our cruise because the ship has been chartered, but they are offering us some other alternative sailings with some OBC to make up for it. I'm really bummed because we are traveling with my daughter who is in grad school and we don't have a lot of flexibility with her schedule, and it seemed like the perfect itinerary and ship for us and I don't think any of the alternatives are going to work out well for us. I had booked this on board to receive some benefits and I will have to book something else soon to transfer the benefit. I'm not sure what we are going to do now.

Edited by SandG

I am still quite bummed about our Aug. 14 cruise getting cancelled due to the charter. An alternative cruise/ship that was offered by Celebrity in the same time frame is the identical itinerary to one we did in 2009 and so we are not interested in that. We have tentatively moved our reservation to the Aug. 1 sailing but it means my grad-school-aged daughter (only-child) might not be able to join us now. This is very sad for me because our opportunities to vacation together rarely happen any more.

Grannie and Tinky: if we follow through with the new reservation, we may meet on board! I personally think the new itinerary is very interesting, I hope you are not too upset by the change, although I can see that losing the round trip is going to be more difficult, logistically, and it might end up costing us more in airfare.

If you preferred the previous itinerary, the Reflection will give you most of the same ports that you had before, if you want to switch to that sailing. (Rome departure instead of Balcelona though)

Sue

Edited by SandG

We had this a few years ago with Celebrity. Booked a cruise when it first came out. 6 weeks later we were told that the cruise was being cancelled.

We got a full refund of our deposit and booked with RCCL instead (which we later had to cancel)

A month later Celebrity reinstated the cruise but this time for 12 days instead of 14 and the cost was a lot more.

Well we've just had the email with the new ports and actually we're quite pleased. We picked this cruise to take my elderly parents to celebrate their 50th Wedding Anniversary. They rely on us to assist them with going through airports and helping with luggage etc so it was important that we travel together. Neither of us has been to Monte Carlo, Corsica or Sicily or Kotor so are quite excited that some of our bucket list ports not yet visited have appeared on the changed itinerary. Guess we got lucky this time -makes a nice change:)

Is there a rule, or a custom, of how much time before a cruise these port changes might be made in such a sweeping manner? A single port here it there I can understand doing with little or no notice, but this seems over the top.

- Joel