May I ?

ItalianGuest

Hello,

I'm going to book a cruise on the Queen Elizabeth but I'm a bit concerned about the clothing issue: I'm used to wear jeans all the time (narrow, almost like pants) since here, in Italy, they are now well accepted also for ceremonies or job interviews for instance, maybe combined with jacket and tie or just with a nice shirt.

May I enter the main restaurant with jeans for dinner? Obviously not during the formal nights!

I'd be the only one or I'd feel embarrassed?

Thanks in advance!:)

Kind regards,

ItalianGuest

Here are few pics in order to better explain my concept:

resize_gerard-pique-per-mango-in-giacca-e-cravatta_original.jpeg

maglia-uomo-scollo-v-tinta-unita-con-toppe-in-jersey.jpg

wool_co-15190-23_01.jpg

The second and third photos would not conform to the informal standard for dinner. In addition I think the jeans in the second photo are too faded to be acceptable even with a "proper" jacket/coat.

I've tried to find definition of the "informal" standard on the Cunard web site to help with some specifics but they seem to have moved/removed it again. I think the first photo might be acceptable if the jeans were as pristine as those in that photo - I know that my denims don't look that new even after the first wash so it's not an easy standard to meet.

I'd like to suggest that you may fit in better with khakis rather than jeans.

I don't believe jeans are acceptable for dinner in the dining rooms of Cunard ships (neither of the Grills nor the Britannia) according to the stated dress code policy (which is available on the Cunard website).

Your photos are stylish, but stylishness isn't the same as conformity. There is a dress code, which the majority of passengers believes should be followed. So, although jeans can be stylish, I have to say "no jeans" on Cunard ships in the dining rooms at dinner time.

Happy Sailing and have a great voyage!

Hello,

I'm going to book a cruise on the Queen Elizabeth but I'm a bit concerned about the clothing issue: I'm used to wear jeans all the time (narrow, almost like pants) since here, in Italy, they are now well accepted also for ceremonies or job interviews for instance, maybe combined with jacket and tie or just with a nice shirt.

May I enter the main restaurant with jeans for dinner? Obviously not during the formal nights!

I'd be the only one or I'd feel embarrassed?

Thanks in advance!:)

Kind regards,

ItalianGuest

Here are few pics in order to better explain my concept:

resize_gerard-pique-per-mango-in-giacca-e-cravatta_original.jpeg

Ciao, ItalianGuest . No doubt, you will attract attention dressed like that at dinner. Whether or not you would be embarrassed -or if the attention you attract is to your liking, only you can know the answer.

But in direct response to your question, yes, any passenger dressed like the model in the above photo would meet the dress code for informal nights. -S.

Edited by Salacia