New to NCL

suncouplfla

Hey all we will be on the sun in November. What should we expect about the boarding process? We are familiar with carnival. Also what little things will we be surprised at good or bad. Do they allow wine or soda to be brought in your carry on?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hey all we will be on the sun in November. What should we expect about the boarding process? We are familiar with carnival. Also what little things will we be surprised at good or bad. Do they allow wine or soda to be brought in your carry on?

Never been on the sun. I know on other ships you can bring on water and soda at no charge. You can bring on wine, but they charge you a fee for each bottle (corkage fee) whether they open for you or not, wherever you drink it. You pay the fee upon boarding.

You can bring on wine, but they charge you a fee for each bottle (corkage fee) whether they open for you or not, wherever you drink it. You pay the fee upon boarding.

Actually "You are charged the fee upon boarding" - as there is no cash involved. The charge will be written on a manual slip that is processed usually in one of bars or MDRs after the cruise has started (might take few days for the charge to appear on onboard account).

The prices and all other limitations about wine can be found from numerous other threads, this gets asked at least on weekly basis.

I think that you will find that the entertainment on NCL is a bit more robust. Anytime Dining goes for everyone. The boarding process varies a little from port to port but should be very similar to what you are used to.