Booked cruise and trip insurance - do I need to do anything special for pre-existing?

I just booked a cruise and trip insurance today - but I do have a pre-existing health condition. My understanding is that my health condition will be covered if something happens during the trip, but is there any paperwork that is necessary to fill out? Or does the pre-existing thing just automatically work if you purchase trip insurance right after booking?

I doubt I will need any medical treatment, but want to make sure I am covered just in case!

Or does the pre-existing thing just automatically work if you purchase trip insurance right after booking?

Just be sure you're meeting ALL of the conditions needed to get the pre-ex waiver if offered (some plans don't offer a waiver no matter when purchased). For example many insurers also require that you cover all of your pre-paid, non-refundable trip costs so even if you bought the policy in time it's possible that the waiver is not valid if you did not meet this second requirement also.

This is what it says on the plan certificate:

"If You have purchased this plan within 15 days of Your initial trip deposit:

the plan exclusion for Pre-Existing Conditions will be waived (provided You

are not disabled from travel at the time of the plan purchase)."

I read through the whole plan before purchasing, and I didn't see anything else about pre-existing conditions other than this. Guess I will go check out the company's FAQ section! :confused: I hate dealing with insurance!

This is what it says on the plan certificate:

"If You have purchased this plan within 15 days of Your initial trip deposit:

the plan exclusion for Pre-Existing Conditions will be waived (provided You

are not disabled from travel at the time of the plan purchase)."

I read through the whole plan before purchasing, and I didn't see anything else about pre-existing conditions other than this. Guess I will go check out the company's FAQ section! :confused: I hate dealing with insurance!

No need to look elsewhere. There's no requirement to insure the full trip cost with this plan.