Royal Caribbean Summer 2016 and beyond

Count me In as well!!

I feel like I'm reading a lot of negative posts regarding quantum / anthem and the ship hasn't even been seen yet. Is his something unique to quantum / anthem or were there similar negative expectations regarding freedom/ oasis class ships.

It's Dynamic Dining and the lack of a MDR that I object to on these ships.

We have a cruise booked on Quantum, just to try it, but after that, we will be seeking ships that still offer traditional dining.

Edited by DonnaK

There's a 12 night Southern, close to 13-14 nights, out of Bayonne on Anthem.

And I'm booked on it :D

A great itinerary for sea day enthusiasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I would really like to see RCI put a ship back in LA or San Diego. Much easier (and cheaper) for me to get to either of those cities than to hit the Gulf Coast or Florida. I know they use SD for the Panama Canal crossings, but a Mexican Riveria cruise in the winter would be a nice escape from the cold for me. I certainly don't claim to understand the economics of why they left in the past, but am hopeful that at some point the benefit is there for them to provide options out of either city on a regular basis

Yes for West Coast!!!

Would love to go to warm Mexico in the winter, we don't have to get off.....

Haven't booked Q or Anthem, see how the reviews are but they are not one we will be rushing to do. Done the East Coast -Bermuda/Can. NEng. so seen those ports. Too far to fly for the ship experience. Asia isn't on our bucket list.

Perhaps the negativity is due to "fear of the unknown" - related mostly to the new "dynamic dining" concept. Once the Quantum sails, those fears may be confirmed or dismissed. When Oasis and Allure were first announced there was a similar, though perhaps not as vociferous, objection to those ships - "too big, too many passengers". Once people actually experienced a cruise on Oasis or Allure, most of those objections were overcome and people even noted that there seemed to be less crowding on them than on RCI's smaller ships.

I think that many of the innovations which will be featured on Quantum and Anthem are exciting and look forward to checking them out. As far as "dynamic dining" is concerned, I am much more willing to give it a chance. I do like some of the proposed dining venues and their menus so I should have few problems as far as the absence of a main dining room is concerned.

I am SUPER excited for my Quantum Cruise. I think the ship will be utterly amazing and those that did not get to book will regret it. Quantum has had some really severe negative reactions due to the horrible internet interface and issues with dynamic dining booking... not the dining itself.... and by the way, has anyone even tried dynamic dining yet? Or the many free venues you can choose from? I predict the reviews and pictures will blow everyone's socks off. :)

No one has tried Dynamic Dinning yet as it is only going to be on the Quantum and Anthem. No other Royal ships currently have it and there are no plans to implement it throughout the fleet until after it goes online with Quantum.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It's Dynamic Dining and the lack of a MDR that I object to on these ships.

We have a cruise booked on Quantum, just to try it, but after that, we will be seeking ships that still offer traditional dining.

Totally agree!! We like traditional dining. Hope no ships with Damaged Dining and no traditional come to Port C. Edited by SherriZ366

I live in NY too.

I wish Liberty would stay here year round.

I don't care what happens to Quantum and Anthem.

I agree. With no VCL, I don't even consider Quantum and Anthem part of the RCI fleet. They're going too far away from the traditional RCI experience. I'll stick with the Vision, Radiance and maybe the occasional Freedom class ship.