I need your help

first_timer2

Hi all,

This is going to be a first time on Disney and am really looking forward to it because of our 33 month old who is so into Goofy right now lol. I have a few questions since the cruise is coming up quite fast.

1) we are coming in, the day before, from Sanford Airport, can I rent a car at that airport?

2) what hotel do you recommend near the cruise port?

3) I wanted to get at the port early, but when I read on DCL, is it true that we will only be able to board the ship around 1:30?

4) we are waitlisted for 1st seating, what are the chances that I get 1st seating? What should I do to try to get the 1st seating? with a 2 year old, it's too much to ask them to wait until 8 to eat

5) anything that you can recommend would be great

We are sailing the fantasy on August 2nd.

thank you for helping me out:o

Hi all,

This is going to be a first time on Disney and am really looking forward to it because of our 33 month old who is so into Goofy right now lol. I have a few questions since the cruise is coming up quite fast.

1) we are coming in, the day before, from Sanford Airport, can I rent a car at that airport?

3) I wanted to get at the port early, but when I read on DCL, is it true that we will only be able to board the ship around 1:30?

4) we are waitlisted for 1st seating, what are the chances that I get 1st seating? What should I do to try to get the 1st seating? with a 2 year old, it's too much to ask them to wait until 8 to eat

1. Yes, but there aren't as many options as at MCO.

2. Most people prefer the Radisson or Country Inn and Suites. I think the latter is newer and fresher.

3. You select an arrival time when you check in online before the cruise. For the best selection, check in as early as you are permitted.

4. 50/50 maybe, it depends on how many others are ahead of you on the list. You can always feed your child at the buffet. Most kids adapt just fine.

5. Don't try to do it all, take plenty of sunscreen, half the clothes and twice the cash you think you'll need, and have a great cruise.

Hi all,

Yes you can

http://www.radisson.com/cape-canaveral-hotel-fl-32920/flcocoa/optional

Embarkation starts at 11.15 normally but you have to book a port arrival time and that dictates your boarding card order

It depends on do many variables how much the ship is full who wants early who wants late where you are on the wait list, my advice keep asking regularly it works.

Fantasy is a great ship see the shows Aladdin is very very good book Remy and book palo for brunch and finer if you can. Look at my signature line there are trip reports there from bring on the Fantasy for 14 nights.

Answers above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

If I remember correctly, the DCL port facility does not open until 10:30 AM for passengers. If you get there too early, you stand in line outside the gate (often with many others).

When you complete checkin, you receive a number, and will board when that number is called. From our experiences, usually group 1 begins boarding sometime around 11:15 to 11:30 AM.

Edited by DaKa2002
add boarding tag number info

1. Yes. There are several car rental companies at Sanford

2. Residence Inn or County Inn and Suites. Both offer breakfast included with stay and are the 2 closest to the cruise terminal. Radisson has the best pool, but it has been "on again, off again" during the last 10 years. Some stays are great, others, meh.

3. DCL boarding typically begins about 11-11:15, but is sometimes later depending on when the crew has the ship ready for us. You will choose a terminal arrival time when you do your on line check in. THIS IS NOT your boarding time, it is the time you are supposed to arrive at the terminal to check in. If you show up early, you may have to wait a short time before being allowed into the terminal (they can't allow it to get too crowded due to fire regulations). If you show up after boarding has begun. you will be allowed into the terminal, but that doesn't get you onto the ship any earlier. You will have a boarding number assigned based on your terminal arrival time. You can board either when your number is called OR when "open boarding" is announced (meaning no more use of number system.

The "sweet spot" is about 12:30 if you have an arrival time later than that. Arrive at 12:30 and you generally check in and board virtually immediately. If you have an earlier time, show up at your arrival window.

4. Odds are excellent. Call DCL weekly and ask them if you have gotten moved yet (remember the squeaky wheel?)

5. Lots else....have fun. If your child is fully toilet trained, he will likely be given a trial run on the Oceaneer's Club. If he does ok, he can participate there rather than the nursery. OC has no additional cost and lots better activities.

You HAVE done your on line check in, right? It will make you life much easier at the terminal.

If you don't get main seating before boarding, go to "dining changes" after boarding and beg. It usually works. But it works best to get it by "bothering" DCL on the phone in advance!