Mobile Phones, Wifi and Broadband

I understand that access to internet and Wifi while on-board can be expensive.

Are there any other options such as mobile broadband/wifi or pay as you go sim cards?

We will be cruising with P&O on the Pacific Jewel in September

Thanks

I understand that access to internet and Wifi while on-board can be expensive.

Are there any other options such as mobile broadband/wifi or pay as you go sim cards?

We will be cruising with P&O on the Pacific Jewel in September

Thanks

welcome to CC but you will have to connect to the ships internet and pay by the minute or go on a plan, the last time we were on the Jewel there was only certain spots on the ship you could get service

Welcome to Cruise critic.

I recommend you only use your phones when in port and can get some wifi somewhere such as a Maccas or similar. Ship internet is slow and costly and unless you really need it is a waste of time, money and your holiday.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Thank you both for your replies.

I could happily go with internet or phone for 10 days, but we are traveling with a 17 year old who at the moment thinks her life will end if she can’t stay connected :D

Thank you both for your replies.

I could happily go with internet or phone for 10 days, but we are traveling with a 17 year old who at the moment thinks her life will end if she can’t stay connected :D

if you sign up on day 1 for a plan they sometimes have bonus minutes, maybe get her 250 mins for $100 plus a fee of $3.95 to activate the account

Where are you going to? The ship's internet can be very slow, and that is why they charge you per minute. We found last time along the east coast of Aus that we had 4G Telstra access much of the way even when out to sea. It depends where you are going.

A break from the internet is good for all ages, just my opinion! :) She may even enjoy it. A friend of mine banned her daughter from the net for a few days a while back, and after it the daughter admitted she quite enjoyed the lack of pressure to be on top of all happenings every hour of the day.

Where are you going to? The ship's internet can be very slow, and that is why they charge you per minute. We found last time along the east coast of Aus that we had 4G Telstra access much of the way even when out to sea. It depends where you are going.

A break from the internet is good for all ages, just my opinion! :) She may even enjoy it. A friend of mine banned her daughter from the net for a few days a while back, and after it the daughter admitted she quite enjoyed the lack of pressure to be on top of all happenings every hour of the day.

I like to take a break from the any access but still want to be able to make contact or be contacted if necessary, which is why the limited access on port days are enough.:D