Ft. Lauderdale Hotel Suggestions, Please

Classiccruiser777

We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood Int'l to meet up with the QV on Februrary 2, 2015, and would like suggestions for a hotel (Fairfield Inn, Courtyard quality level or better) that may have a free shuttle to the cruise terminal. Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Plantation/Ft Lauderdale. They have a shuttle to cruise terminals and advertise an airport shuttle.

If you are in the USA, you could call and ask questions.

Here is their website: http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hampton-inn-ft-lauderdale-plantation-FLLPTHX/index.html

How far will you be sailing in Feb? All the way to Australia? And, back? : )

How far will you be sailing in Feb? All the way to Australia? And, back? : )

Thanks!

Just to LA (this time). We are hoping that Cunard offers Australia/NZ RT from LA on the 2016 world cruises (which we did on QE last year to NZ - it was great!).

Are you a knitter? My wife gets lots of packages from Jimmy Bean.

Thanks!

Just to LA (this time). We are hoping that Cunard offers Australia/NZ RT from LA on the 2016 world cruises (which we did on QE last year to NZ - it was great!).

Are you a knitter? My wife gets lots of packages from Jimmy Bean.

No, no knitting projects since I had a teenage daughter who liked long scarfs--a number of years ago. Must be a different Jimmy Bean. : )

DH and I were on the Elizabeth with you (going to NZ) in 2013. GREAT voyage! We are considering L.A. to L.A. on the Victoria, because that was such a nice experience.

We were in Ft Lauderdale in April (2014) boarding a Celebrity ship going transatlantic to Spain. Tablemates were very unhappy with their Ft Lauderdale accommodations---I think a Holiday Inn closer to the ocean. We like the Plantation Hampton because it is a bit "farther out" (from oceanside) but still lots of people staying there before cruising. Reasonably priced. Clean. We have always had a car, though. If you are interested, ask about restaurants nearby or food delivery. There is a mall within walking distance, but I don't remember close restaurant. (Still, I recommend this motel---breakfast is provided and dinner, I'm sure, can be figured out).

Happy Sailing!

A very popular hotel with cruisers is the Embassy Suites on 17th Street.

Similar to the Hampton Inn it also includes a nice breakfast and has a nicer breakfast in terms of variety.

Both are nice choices.

Keith

I personally stay at the Hilton close to the docks - dining at the China Grill as a tradition. But everyone I met on various occasions mentioned the Mariott at the ocean front as a perfect stay. I stayed there for a day use only and found the staff there very accommodating. And you can see the ships leave and arrive...