Carnival CPAP Users - Electric & Water Needs?

Flatland

My wife will need to bring a CPAP machine for our next cruise for the first time. Some advice on what to plan for and what to bring is much appreciated. Have several questions....

1. How do CPAP users bring (distilled) water onto Carnival ships? Do you bring on a gallon jug or other amount in carry-on or checked in? Is it possible to use the ships water since it is processed on-board? Very worried about water problems:confused:.

2. How do you provide for electrical service; plug strip or multi-cord? We will need to charge other batteries in the evening too.

3. Do we need to contact Carnival Guest Services ahead of time? Is there a process for checking in such equipment, including electrical cords for medical assistance?

We went on a cruise on Carnival 4 days after our wedding back in 1993, we didn't have to worry about such things back then. We're getting to be old sea-folk.:) Thanks in advance for directions and advice.

Kev

i just went on a cruise in may. i didn't phone carnival ahead of time and i just carried it on with me. i didn't bring any water because the ship's water is very well filtered. when i got to our cabin i called for an extension cord and it was in our cabin by the time we got back from muster drill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can purchase the distilled water on board. $3 if I remember right. My husband took his own extension cord but you can also get one from Guest services but they charge a refundable deposit. We take a strip or multi plug in for it and other items. Always carry it on board ourselves. Never been questioned.

I bring an extension cord packed in my CPAP bag and carry it on. Do not, I repeat, do not check it!

I have always used the ship's water. It is as good or better than distilled. Never a problem.

I've never contacted Carnival about my CPAP.

HTH

I carry an extension cord in my CPAP bag, never had an issue. Both time I have sailed, I has my own, but did request one from the Steward on my last sailing. No problems. I also use the ships water out of the bathroom sink, again no problems. I do notify Carnival that I am traveling with one, and both cruises, GS calls after sail away to check to make sure I have everything I need concerning the CPAP.

I take a power strip and an extension cord. Always check right in the bag: who wants to carry that around on deck? FYI - recently I forgot my CPAP mask, but the medics had one for sale! $60. Totally worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Same as everyone else. I carry an extension cord and a small pwer strip in my CPAP bag. Do not check it and carry it on. Never had a problem.

I also use teh ships water. Never an issue.

Have a great cruise

Pretty much what every one else said. My husband packs an extension cord in the bag with the CPAP and puts the whole thing in the duffle he uses as a carry on. We order the distilled water ahead from room service.

My wife will need to bring a CPAP machine for our next cruise for the first time. Some advice on what to plan for and what to bring is much appreciated. Have several questions....

1. How do CPAP users bring (distilled) water onto Carnival ships? Do you bring on a gallon jug or other amount in carry-on or checked in? Is it possible to use the ships water since it is processed on-board? Very worried about water problems:confused:.

2. How do you provide for electrical service; plug strip or multi-cord? We will need to charge other batteries in the evening too.

3. Do we need to contact Carnival Guest Services ahead of time? Is there a process for checking in such equipment, including electrical cords for medical assistance?

We went on a cruise on Carnival 4 days after our wedding back in 1993, we didn't have to worry about such things back then. We're getting to be old sea-folk.:) Thanks in advance for directions and advice.

Kev

I cannot comment on the water issue because I don't use a humidifier. But keep in mind: there are no outlets near the bed. Bring your own extension cord and make sure it's a long one. On my last cruise, I brought a 25' orange extension cord. Might have been a little overkill, but a short (6') one would not have worked. I had to stretch the cord across the cabin from the opposite wall. I also brought a couple power strips.

Something else to think about - bring a couple small flashlights. With the extension cord strung across the room you will want to be able to see if you have to get up in the middle of the night so you don't trip on it (without having to turn on the cabin lights).

I agree with other posters - carry it on, don't check it. I didn't inform Carnival that I was bringing mine. Also, I rolled up the extension cord each morning and tucked it away in the nightstand.

Have a great cruise!:)

I bring a 10' cheapie extension cord.

The ships water is usually taken from the ports they stop at too.

So its not as filtered as some think.

I bring three 20 oz. soda bottles, one with distilled water.:):):)

Carry it all on.:p:p:p

I bring an extension cord packed in my CPAP bag and carry it on. Do not, I repeat, do not check it!

I have always used the ship's water. It is as good or better than distilled. Never a problem.

I've never contacted Carnival about my CPAP.

HTH

BIL did the same 3 years ago.

I sailed on the Dream last November. I carried on my CPAP. I plugged it into the closest socket by my bedside table. Unplugged the CPAP during day if I needed outlet for other uses. I used the tap water in the room. For 7 days I didn't think it would be an issue with not using distilled and it wasn't.

I honestly didn't need an extension cord, but the outlet wasn't that far from my side of the bed. I will be taking an extension for next trip just in case.

Thanks for the information! My husband will have a CPAP for our upcoming cruise for the first time and I did not think of bringing an extension cord.

I traveled with as friend who used one. Carry it on, you really don't want to put that through the baggage handlers. He did have to open up the case when he went through security so they could check it out. No biggie. He opted not to use water and felt it was fine. We were in a 4J cabin that is shaped like a triangle and the outlets were about as far away from the bed as possible. I knew this ahead of time and packed two extension cords. Since I would have to step over the cords if I woke up at night, I dropped a glowstick bracelet on either side of the cords so I wouldn't trip over them. Each morning he tucked it all out of the way and into the nightstand.

Did not call carnival ahead of time, didn't feel it was necessary.

I bring a 10' cheapie extension cord.

The ships water is usually taken from the ports they stop at too.

So its not as filtered as some think.

I bring three 20 oz. soda bottles, one with distilled water.:):):)

Carry it all on.:p:p:p

Actually, all ships use a reverse osmosis system, the water on the ship is purer than most bottled water.

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

my hubby uses the water from the tap, on the ship and at home. He also carries an extension cord in his cpap case!! Alway carry it on........good lord I couldnt imagine spending a week with him with no cpap if it were lost or damaged!!! :O

Edited by hockeyluver