Dress Code enforced on The Carnival Glory

I'm pretty sure somebody messed up when doing the fun times.

http://m.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-544446

Search for clothing or what to wear

Sent from my iPhone using Taps talk

I have checked several times and this is what it says:

Casual attire is the order of the day. We suggest shorts, sundresses, tank tops, etc. for the ladies, and for men; shorts, polo shirts, T-shirts, etc. will do. We suggest you wear rubber-soled, low heeled or flat shoes for extra traction while onboard. The use of any footwear with wheels, including but not limited, to Heelys© shoes, is prohibited on board our ships. For dining you may want to dress up a bit and/or bring along a light sports jacket or cardigan.

Most evenings we have a Cruise Casual dress code, but there are those Cruise Elegant evenings one or two nights throughout your “Fun Ship” voyage, where you will have the opportunity to showcase your more elegant attire. For those who want casual attire for dinner time, the Lido Restaurant is open nightly, and has a more relaxed theme. However, shirts and shoes/footwear (flip-flops) must be worn at all times inside the Lido Restaurant.

Both dress codes for the dining rooms are described below.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Special Sailings

For Canada/New England/Alaska cruises: Sweaters, lightweight jackets and raincoats are suggested. Casual clothes that can be layered easily are highly recommended. Bring a heavier sweater if you are traveling to the glaciers, along with a raincoat and umbrella, because it is often cold and windy in such areas.

For South America and Europe cruises: Comfortable shoes and a just-in-case raincoat. Bring a sweater if you are traveling to the glaciers, along with a raincoat and umbrella, because it is often cold and windy in such areas. Special note:- It is essential that you wear the proper apparel when visiting the Vatican and other religious sites (no bare legs or shoulders).

Carnival is clearly differentiating between shorts and dress shorts since they have them listed as two different items of clothing. It says shorts are not permitted in the MDR on elegant night but dress shorts are not on the forbidden list.

Edited by erocrobro

I have checked several times and this is what it says:

Casual attire is the order of the day. We suggest shorts, sundresses, tank tops, etc. for the ladies, and for men; shorts, polo shirts, T-shirts, etc. will do. We suggest you wear rubber-soled, low heeled or flat shoes for extra traction while onboard. The use of any footwear with wheels, including but not limited, to Heelys[emoji767] shoes, is prohibited on board our ships. For dining you may want to dress up a bit and/or bring along a light sports jacket or cardigan.

Most evenings we have a Cruise Casual dress code, but there are those Cruise Elegant evenings one or two nights throughout your “Fun Ship” voyage, where you will have the opportunity to showcase your more elegant attire. For those who want casual attire for dinner time, the Lido Restaurant is open nightly, and has a more relaxed theme. However, shirts and shoes/footwear (flip-flops) must be worn at all times inside the Lido Restaurant.

Both dress codes for the dining rooms are described below.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Special Sailings

For Canada/New England/Alaska cruises: Sweaters, lightweight jackets and raincoats are suggested. Casual clothes that can be layered easily are highly recommended. Bring a heavier sweater if you are traveling to the glaciers, along with a raincoat and umbrella, because it is often cold and windy in such areas.

For South America and Europe cruises: Comfortable shoes and a just-in-case raincoat. Bring a sweater if you are traveling to the glaciers, along with a raincoat and umbrella, because it is often cold and windy in such areas. Special note:- It is essential that you wear the proper apparel when visiting the Vatican and other religious sites (no bare legs or shoulders).

Carnival is clearly differentiating between shorts and dress shorts since they have them listed as two different items of clothing. It says shorts are not permitted in the MDR on elegant night but dress shorts are not on the forbidden list.

However, on casual nights, they list dress shorts as allowed. On elegant nights, they don't.

I would be prepared with pants in case Carnival decides to enforce it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Ehpride

I'd rather focus on my meal and enjoying the company of my friends than what others are wearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am a " Live and Let Live" person but when you have a teenager sitting across from you in the MDR wearing a jersey shirt, where the arm holes are down to the waist and armpit hairs so thick and long, how can you enjoy your meal? He wore the same jersey the next evening so we had to move to another table and our group had to be divided.

I am a " Live and Let Live" person but when you have a teenager sitting across from you in the MDR wearing a jersey shirt, where the arm holes are down to the waist and armpit hairs so thick and long, how can you enjoy your meal? He wore the same jersey the next evening so we had to move to another table and our group had to be divided.

You're still bothered by that from your Carnival Spirit cruise in 2006?

You're still bothered by that from your Carnival Spirit cruise in 2006?

I could not imagine being so perturbed by what my neighbor is wearing that I would myself request a table change, let alone splitting up my own party to do so. Cutting off ones nose to spite their own face.

P.S. - Hi neighbor! Maybe because it is 75°F all winter and 110% humidity in the summer we know how to dress casually but nicely to take advantage of our many excellent local dining establishments.

Here's the deal; our cruise host, in this case Carnival allows us to wear shorts and a polo shirt every night on all but Cruise Elegant. It might make you a little or a lot angry, but for some of your fellow passengers it's the reason we cruise on the funnel guys.

Associating someones financial status by attire might be a mistake. My family and I met the nicest cardiovascular surgeon on our most recent cruise aboard the Glory. He wore a Guy Harvey long sleeve tee shirt, shorts and sandals to dinner on 5 of the 7 nights.

Is it possible that if one is focused on what fellow passengers are wearing as they stroll by on their way to the dining table they might be less than engaged in the dinner conversation at their own?

You and I know what we are signing up for when we put down a deposit on a cruise. Don't expect your floating vacation complete with hairy chest contests, blaring hip-hop music poolside and Fun Ship Specials to morph into the floating QE II once the doors open to the dining room.

If you don't want to see me and fellow passengers on casual nights in shorts IN the main dining room then room service is one option.

We are back on the Glory in a few weeks. I'm taking plenty of madras shirts and shorts. Join us for dinner.

Hmmm.... Here's the deal,

First of all, it is QE2, not QEII. The former is a ship and the latter is the Queen of England.

Aside from what you otherwise said, I may still try Carnival some day. There's nothing wrong with stepping on the bottom rung of the ladder; you often need to start there before you get to the top of it! Okay, so I work my way down! :D

Also, I live in south Florida, and I am in shorts and a T-shirt almost all the time.

I don't think most folks whom it bothers when dress code is severely ignored focus much on that mess when dinning..it just affects things when bellow the very lenient level..there is just a point when you have paid for an admittedly budget but by no means cheap vacation...cheap would be camping or a Motel 6 across country explore the backroads...

This is still a nice vacation with different dining options where most folks enjoy looking right for the situation..not wearing my old workout swimsuits on deck either,,,

Cruising is a "little bit" social..that is how we save money having food and rooms in bulk so to speak for a week. It will never be this affordable as a rule again..things will go up..we have competition and economy helping us get away to do some great discovering at some pretty amazing prices...even for those of us singles with more pinched penny lifestyles.

I am glad Carnival is trying to keep it affordable and offer the little special perks and changing novelties at different bars, and restaurants, the lido, and the main dining room.

Carnival has always tried to keep the food nice and the decor fun but special in the dining room and the families that learned that the dying formal times are special..well, I am glad they are getting back to that..seriously..dress for success...dress just a little for cruise vacation... and E-bay, TJ Maxx and Marshalls are just a few places..even Goodwill's found close in good/decent parts of town...can help..it does not have to cost a fortune.

My nephew had to suit up well after every football game in college..all done at Goodwill...HS proms too...gorgeous!!

sarah

Edited by sjn911

I have no issue with nice pair of short and decent tops on both men and women, but on elegant night, (showing my age here) wear your Sunday best clothes.

I am not a fan of novely t-shirts at dinner what I find even more frustrating at any restaurant not just on a cruise ship is guys wearing ball caps at the table. showing my age again sorry

My Sunday best would be jeans and a football jersey.