Rain on your wedding day

Hey all,

I know when planning a cruise wedding one of the worst things that can go wrong is rain. We are planning a beach wedding in Bermuda, and since we are not getting married on the ship I'm terrified of bad weather.

Just wondering if anyone out there experienced rain on their island wedding, and how you handled the situation. It's hard to set up a backup plan as it would have to be booked..

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey all,

I know when planning a cruise wedding one of the worst things that can go wrong is rain. We are planning a beach wedding in Bermuda, and since we are not getting married on the ship I'm terrified of bad weather.

Just wondering if anyone out there experienced rain on their island wedding, and how you handled the situation. It's hard to set up a backup plan as it would have to be booked..

Thanks in advance!

Are you getting married through the cruiseline or a private/local wedding consultant?

It rained on my wedding day, we had a departure wedding set for the golf course. Five minutes before I was to arrive, the rain stopped and the sun shined through. The reception was in the Viking Lounge (RCCL). During the reception we watched as the sunshine turned back to rain.

They say its good luck if it rains on your wedding day ;)

I was planning to go through a separate planner on the island. The ship seemed too expensive. I'm pretty nervous since having it on the ship would not be a last minute option since I'm not doing their wedding package...

I was planning to go through a separate planner on the island. The ship seemed too expensive. I'm pretty nervous since having it on the ship would not be a last minute option since I'm not doing their wedding package...

That's really a question for your third-party coordinator since they'll know what the available options are. It happened to Buddy Valastro for his vow renewal on Castaway Cay and they were able to move it onto the ship. It is one of those risks you take by not booking your ceremony directly with the line. Since you're going in the summer/hurricane season, I'd also ask what happens if your ship can't get to Bermuda and you're redirected. A Carnival ship was redirected from Canada to Bermuda because of Arthur this week.

Typically the local vendor will have an alternative place as a back-up plan. If you haven't already found a vendor to use, ask them about an alternative (Some vendors have several back ups to pick from) If you have already selected them just send them an email or give them a call.

It rained briefly on the way to the site for us and then very briefly during. It was nothing that interrupted our ceremony and it remained sunny. The weather for the reception was perfect.

We did purchase wedding insurance to at be made whole financially if anything happened. Thankfully we didn't end up needing to use it.