Can I "upgrade" my cabin?

ashkramer8

Was looking at the Carnival website today and noticed a drop in fare prices. I have an interior cabin on deck 8 booked that cost $1,477.94. However, interior Cloud 9 Spa cabins are on sale for only $1,321.56. I was not able to book an early saver rate, and I have already made my final payment. If I call will Carnival let me "upgrade" my cabin and give me the difference in price as on board credit?

I have booked early save rates before and have gotten credit that way. I have also upgraded my cabin after final payment time but by paying more money than what I had originally paid.

I'm going to try to call in a little while to find out either way, but any advice beforehand would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

It never hurts to call and ask, but make sure the new rate for the Spa cabin isn't for new bookings only. And they may choose to give you the difference as a refund to your CC rather than an OBC.

I was able to upgrade to the spa cabin at no additional cost. They couldn't refund me or give me any kind of credit for the difference in price, but I was content to pay the original amount and get the additional benefits of the spa cabin.

I was able to upgrade to the spa cabin at no additional cost. They couldn't refund me or give me any kind of credit for the difference in price, but I was content to pay the original amount and get the additional benefits of the spa cabin.
Well...YAY!

Good for you -- that's awesome! Have fun! :D

now I'd ask for thew price decrease as the cabin cost less than you pd