Marriage Proposal

momag101

Help greatly appreciated!

We will be on the Triumph Aug 30th cruise and my son is wanting to do a flash mob proposal. Any ideas? How can we get a hold of the cruise director pre-cruise? Any suggestions will be helpful.

Please take no offense;

I don't think it's gonna happen.

You will need to try and set up a flash mob yourself. Search green hornet on john's blog, and 4th of July singer.

It's not that they don't want to make you happy, but remember there are 3000 other people on the cruise, if you want a flash mob for a proposal, next becomes a flash mob for a new baby, then for a kindergarten graduation, then because muffin had kittens. All of a sudden everyone expects to get it.

I would instead make it a private event or ask the matra d (sp) I'm guessing that's a standard request in the mdr.

Edited by pbsteve

Flash mob = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_mob

Don't expect it happening, unless you have a bunch of friends on the ship, and put the thing together yourself, on deck or somewhere otherwise appropriate.

You won't get on stage before a show starts in front of the full audience to do it for the reasons stated above.

Now, here's my advice, which is worth what you have paid for it- nothing!

Do you want to be "classy" or "Carnivaly" about it? I suggest the former!

Make reservations at the Steak House for one evening, just the two of you, or if with other family members / friends, that's fine too.

Earlier in the day, go to the Steak House and see the maitre d' and explain what you want to do and if he/she will assist you (I'm certain they will, especially once you give the a $20 bill).

Tell them your reservation time, who your fiance is, and hand them the ring (you do have a ring, don't you????).

Then tell them whatever dessert your fiance orders to put the ring on top of it and deliver your desserts while saying nothing about the ring being there.

The rest is up to you, after you hear the expected "what's this"?

I did that in a creme brulee at a fancy New York restaurant, and it went over quite well!

ALSO: Don't listen to those asking you to bother John Heald. The man has enough to deal with, aside from arrange for a mob scene for this!

Edited by loubetti

!

ALSO: Don't listen to those asking you to bother John Heald. The man has enough to deal with, aside from arrange for a mob scene for this![/QU.OTE]

The day JH stops encouraging people to contact him for stuff is the day we should stop telling folks to stop contacting him

Here something to think about which dissuaded me from proposing on my last cruise on the Independence. 30 years from now, the triumph maybe gone or under another name. Don't you want some place you can tangibly return to and say "we got engaged here". That made the decision for me to propose in one of the ports. In my case, it was during an excursion to Marigot. I did in on the pier and unbeknownst to me, i proposed next to a printed graffiti. It was in French. I later learned that it said "this is my favorite spot".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I did my proposal on board the Miracle and we did a private photo session. It's no cost to you except for the pictures you decide to buy. She will be thrown off from all the different pictures taken.. Then, bam! the photographer will give you the cue which will be the last picture and... We'll, he will capture it!!! My wife did not expect it at all! I attached the photo so you can see what I did.

Good luck and congrats. Keep us posted on what you did and how it turned out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1404861447.191328.jpg.1c5b0a42675e292b397c48564e143e76.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for the feedback. I did contact John and he said to contact him a few days before our cruise and he will get in touch with the cruise director.

He did not say he was opposed to the idea. I did post on roll call board and will go back and check. I have had some life issues going on and have not been able to check the boards until today. Thanks again, and I am excited about what is to come,how ever it happens!