Perks on Royal Caribbean?

Ok everyone, I apologize for starting so many new topics lately. I'm just in the beginning stages and have so many questions. I've learned soooo much from these boards!

This is my last question for a while :)

Have any of you gotten any benefits from a group booking? I know some lines offer free onboard credit, or a drink package. Just looking for the best way to get some perks! It would be nice to start all of my guests off with some onboard credit!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yea they have perks,

If you book using their groups departments here is what I got for my cruise

(must have 8 rooms w/ at least 16 people)

$75 on board credit for each room

$799 off our cruise as a refund or on board credit after paying in full, (we got this amount b/c that's the price for room we booked the most of-Junior suite)

I passed out $799 to my guest as refund base on what room that got. Note you can not use the website to book or pay if you have a group booking, you must call to book or pay.

Ok everyone, I apologize for starting so many new topics lately. I'm just in the beginning stages and have so many questions. I've learned soooo much from these boards!

This is my last question for a while :)

Have any of you gotten any benefits from a group booking? I know some lines offer free onboard credit, or a drink package. Just looking for the best way to get some perks! It would be nice to start all of my guests off with some onboard credit!

Yea they have perks,

If you book using their groups departments here is what I got for my cruise

(must have 8 rooms w/ at least 16 people)

$75 on board credit for each room

$799 off our cruise as a refund or on board credit after paying in full, (we got this amount b/c that's the price for room we booked the most of-Junior suite)

I passed out $799 to my guest as refund base on what room that got. Note you can not use the website to book or pay if you have a group booking, you must call to book or pay.

Wow did you go through the phone number on the website or a private travel agent? My travel agent told me there were no perks at all! So happy I asked on here

Wow did you go through the phone number on the website or a private travel agent? My travel agent told me there were no perks at all! So happy I asked on here

The perks will depend on the ship and sail date. Each sailing has group amenity points (GAP). First you need to find out the number of GAP for you sailing. Then you can decide how to use them, i.e. onboard credit, cocktail party, welcome grift etc.

Check out this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2063806

An advantage to using a TA would be you will get whatever perk they are offering in addition to the GAP. Just be sure to ask how they handle the free berth.

I'm in the process of getting a group booking done with my wedding! I'm blogging all the details so when I get my group stuff figured out I'll be sure to blog! My fiancé and I have decided to get married on Royal Caribbean's the Navigator of the Seas departing on November 9, 2014. I was doing research before we made it official and I quickly found out that there isn't much "real" information on cruise weddings. I've decided to start a blog following our Royal Wedding Experience. I'm going to blog, tweet, and YouTube as things happen to give future brides (and those just interested in knowing) my REAL experience having a Royal Caribbean wedding. Please follow my blog, comment, tweet it out, whatever you want to do! I'm going to be actively involved in this journey, since I am the bride and all, and want to make it fun, informative, and entertaining for all!! Maybe even have the largest cruise reception EVER?! I don't know I'm dreaming big, but I only have 122 days for all of this!

So, HERE IT IS: http://royalweddingexperience.blogspot.com

Share the blog with friends and family via twitter, Facebook and other social media outlets! Thanks in advance for all the support! Please feel free to follow me on twitter as well @lalford9

I will check it out! :) I still haven't locked in a group rate yet. I'm working with two travel agents that each give me different prices/perks, and the RC phone number gives me different prices/perks, and now I've found CruisesOnly.com and DirectLineCruises.com who both have their own perks. Trying to figure our who has the best deal before I book!

My wedding is in Bermuda, and July cruises there are soooo expensive. $1200 for an inside! 2200 for a balcony! Crazyness. Want to be sure i find a good price.

Good luck with your planning, and I will keep up with checking your blog!

Thanks for the link to the blog, need to check it out. I'm getting married in bermuda in September 2014, I'm using royal romance (Royal Caribbean) to plan my wedding too. I started a post on here about my experience so far with all the vendors I using including royal romance. Below is a link to it. I think some of you have already read it. I even posted about my prices quotes I got from royal romance, since they won't give you any ides on what extra options will cost until 90 days before.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43334729#post43334729