Eclipse baltic review june 21st-july 5th 2014

baljaffray

Great review - really helpful thank you as we are also on the 19th July sailing and doing a tour with Alla. Counting down now - only six sleeps left! Your info about Bruges was really helpful as it clearly is going to be tight for time getting back to the ship - what time would you say you need to leave Bruges at to make sure you get back to the ship on time?

Bob - can I ask you how you get the info about which pier we are docked at? I had planned for Langelinnie - we have bought Copenhagen cards, but will have to rethink how to get to the city centre now.

The site is (cmport.com) its a great site looks at every port around the world telling you what ships will be docked and where

Great review - really helpful thank you as we are also on the 19th July sailing and doing a tour with Alla. Counting down now - only six sleeps left! Your info about Bruges was really helpful as it clearly is going to be tight for time getting back to the ship - what time would you say you need to leave Bruges at to make sure you get back to the ship on time?

Bob - can I ask you how you get the info about which pier we are docked at? I had planned for Langelinnie - we have bought Copenhagen cards, but will have to rethink how to get to the city centre now.

Sorry I put the wrong email address here the correct one

You must type in as wrote with the capitals to go straight to site

www.WhatsInPort.com

I am planning to do self-assist debarkation when the Eclipse returns to Southampton at the end of my Baltic Cruise. Does anyone remember what time the ship was cleared to allow those handling their own luggage to disembark? I'm trying to decide what time to schedule transportation back to Heathrow. Many thanks for your help.

We opted to use Celebrity flights and transfers which was a huge mistake, they used Flybe and our experience was very poor.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I use Flybe regularly between Southampton and Glasgow, both for myself and for family to come visit, and have never found it a problem. Generally on time (weather dependant!!) and Southampton being so small is a breeze to get through. It just shows how a bad experience can mar things for some. Just wanted to put across another perspective.

Southampton airport is so close to the port, much better than flying into Heathrow.

I am planning to do self-assist debarkation when the Eclipse returns to Southampton at the end of my Baltic Cruise. Does anyone remember what time the ship was cleared to allow those handling their own luggage to disembark? I'm trying to decide what time to schedule transportation back to Heathrow. Many thanks for your help.

Our last two Eclipse dockings in Southampton (last July and this May) started self disembarkation at 6.15. If you were to start getting off at that time you would be through the arrivals hall and ouside the terminal within 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Jo42, this isn't my only bad experience with Flybe, I used to travel weekly between Edinburgh and the Midlands and was regularly late or put on flight to Glasgow and then bussed to Edinburgh. It was so bad we use to call them "Flymaybe".

I thought things might have changed in the last 3 years but sadly no, still a bad experience. I did e-mail their customer services who gave me a case number but 10 days on and they have still to get back in touch which is indefensible.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

baljaffray--Thanks for your very helpful review.

I would appreciate help from anyone who can answer my questions. I will be on the Eclipse in August.

Did you have any delays getting off your ship in St. Petersburg? I have heard it sometimes takes a while to go through the Russian Border Control due to difficulty with paperwork, and these delays have caused problems for tourists trying to get to their independent tours. We are to meet our tour guide at 8:30.

What time should I plan to leave the ship? Is 7:45 early enough?

How long did it take you to debark in St. Petersburg?

Thanks for your help.

No problem or delays. Took St. Petersburg Tours which started @ 7am (yikes). Have your passport ready & open to the photo page. The inspectors will stamp it and insert a removable visa-about the size of a credit card slip. Don't lose the slip they will reclaim on the last day in port when you board. Inspectors are not friendly-hold over of Soviet days?

St P is fascinating. Wear comfortable shoes.

Carole

Great review and most helpful.

Could I ask what currency you used in the different countries? Was you able to use your credit card in most places? I don't really want to have to get currency for the Scandinavian ports as we will probably only use the hop on hop off buses.

many thanks

Rob

GBP for Southampton UK

Euros for all others EXCEPT Sweden & Denmark & Russia

Get some Swedish Kroner and some Danish Kroner- for coffee, etc

Credit cards accepted everywhere including the Hermitage in St. Petersburg. Hermitage gift & book shops also took USD, euros GBP

Carole