Can you bring soda and water for your cabin?

kg66

I read last night about setting up a bar, can you bring in your own soda and water for your cabin? Do you just carry it on, I know we could on the Disney cruise, but what about NCL? If so, did you put it in a soft sided cooler, or leave it in the case.

I spoke with NCL last week in order to get a bar setup in my cabin. I mentioned bringing my own mixers since the bar setup mixers were limited. They said I could bring nothing on board even if they did not offer it as one of their selections.

I know in the past both Carnival and RCCL allowed a small amount of soda but not with NCL.

I cancelled my bar setup since my favorite mixer was only available by tap at one of the bars. Kinda defeated the purpose of a bar in my cabin.

No problem bringing on your own soda or water. Pack it in your carry on case so the screeners will see it and probably ask to see the containers. If you put it in your checked bags they will probably hold your luggage until you come down and open it for them to inspect. Cooler or case shouldn't really matter as long as they can check the containers and make sure they haven't been opened.

This is the list from the NCL website of things you can't bring on board.... It doesn't mention soda or water anywhere on the list.

What can't I bring onboard?

Passenger is not allowed to bring onboard the vessel without the previous written permission of the Carrier any intoxicating liquors, or beverages, firearms, weapons of any kind, ammunition, explosive substances or any goods of a dangerous nature, nor animals of any kind, except service or guide animals, provided the passenger notifies Carrier prior to the cruise of his intention to bring such animal and agrees to take sole responsibility for any expense, damage, injuries or losses associated with or caused by such animal.

Cool cruiser, you may want to call NCL again. Usually if you get an answer that sounds wrong, just call back and you'll probably get a different answer from a different staff member. It doesn't make sense but that's the NCL way......

When I saw the word "beverages", I thought that meant sodas as well.

In June, I was on Disney and on the pool deck they had a self-serve soda machine available all day long. Does NCL have anything like this yet?

I have cruised with NCL 3 times, but the last time was in 2000. I'm sure there have been changes since then. The Sky had freestyle cruising at that time which I liked a lot.

When I saw the word "beverages", I thought that meant sodas as well.

In June, I was on Disney and on the pool deck they had a self-serve soda machine available all day long. Does NCL have anything like this yet?

I have cruised with NCL 3 times, but the last time was in 2000. I'm sure there have been changes since then. The Sky had freestyle cruising at that time which I liked a lot.

Remarkable what a difference a , makes. From the contract:

4. Passenger is not allowed to bring on board the vessel without the previous written permission of the Carrier any intoxicating liquors or beverages, firearms, weapons of any kind, ammunition, explosive substances or any goods of a dangerous nature, nor animals of any kind, except service or guide animals, provided the passenger notifies Carrier prior to the cruise of his intention to bring such animal and agrees to accept sole responsibility for any expense, damage, injuries or losses associated with or caused by such animal.

To the OP, despite what you may have been told by Customer Service, I have never heard of anyone who has had soda or bottled water turned away/confiscated at embarkation. I usually bring onboard a 12-pack of soda and have done so for several NCL cruises.

I really wish people would stop calling NCL to ask this question. The more you call the more they log it and they more there is a chance they will change the rule. If you do a search this matter has been discussed on different threads many times. The answer is you can bring reasonable amounts on board of non-alcoholic drinks---at least this week. Note RCI just changed its rules about prohibiting alcohol bought in their store back to the rooms. Lets not give the penny counters any more ideas especially one that is near and dear to my heart. No one ever has diet peach snapple...

there is no self serve soda available for free on NCL.

I take a 6pk of bottled water and a 6pk of coke......enough to hold me over til the first port, then bring aboard some more if necessary. There's no sense in carrying larger quantities and making your carry-on heavier.

I really wish people would stop calling NCL to ask this question. The more you call the more they log it and they more there is a chance they will change the rule. If you do a search this matter has been discussed on different threads many times. The answer is you can bring reasonable amounts on board of non-alcoholic drinks---at least this week. Note RCI just changed its rules about prohibiting alcohol bought in their store back to the rooms. Lets not give the penny counters any more ideas especially one that is near and dear to my heart. No one ever has diet peach snapple...

there is no self serve soda available for free on NCL.

I agree fully. For the life of me, I cannot understand why this question seems to appear on a weekly basis.

I have seen it over and over since my arrival at these boards in Janury.

Every possible answer from flat out "No", to positively "Yes" has appeard, and all that could be thought of in between

From the quote which Shoreguy gives, directly from the contract, right down to the brochure, which hopefully, anyone sailing on this line would have at least glanced at, there is no mention of soft drinks or water being prohibited on this line.

I will be bringing water, and my DIL will be bringing soft drinks on our September cruise. I can't imagine that it will cause a problem.

If it does, it stays at the dock.

I am going on this cruise with or without my own water or her soft drinks.

I would believe as long as we aren't having a Pepsi guy, and the Culligan Man back their trucks up to the pier to off-load, no one will even take notice.

I agree fully. For the life of me, I cannot understand why this question seems to appear on a weekly basis.

I have seen it over and over since my arrival at these boards in Janury.

Every possible answer from flat out "No", to positively "Yes" has appeard, and all that could be thought of in between

From the quote which Shoreguy gives, directly from the contract, right down to the brochure, which hopefully, anyone sailing on this line would have at least glanced at, there is no mention of soft drinks or water being prohibited on this line.

I will be bringing water, and my DIL will be bringing soft drinks on our September cruise. I can't imagine that it will cause a problem.

If it does, it stays at the dock.

I am going on this cruise with or without my own water or her soft drinks.

I would believe as long as we aren't having a Pepsi guy, and the Culligan Man back their trucks up to the pier to off-load, no one will even take notice.

Note to moderators: Maybe we can create a sticky topic on the "bringing soft drinks aboard" topic for this forum. As it seems to get asked EVERY week, it would be a good idea to locate it at the top of the forum for everyone to see, especially those who can't be bothered to search for it.

:( I haven't been able to get to these boards the last few months, but this week was able to connect again!!!! So if that's how people feel, sorry, I'll keep my questions and any answers I may have for anyone. :mad:

Just returned on Sunday from Alaska on the Sun. We took a small bottle of Vodka (plastic bottle and cap; don't know if that made any difference) and enough coke to last us till we got to Ketchican where we bought more coke.

No questions and no problems. ;)

:( I haven't been able to get to these boards the last few months, but this week was able to connect again!!!! So if that's how people feel, sorry, I'll keep my questions and any answers I may have for anyone. :mad:

You didn't bother me - it is the replies which are usually

posted which prompted my response.

No apology necessary as far as I am concerned.

Questions and Answers are what this board is all about.

If Cliff's request is granted, this subject will at the top of the

page as a "Sticky Topic".

If this is accomplished - you have done this board a great favor.

I believe that none here who respond would intentionally be rude.

If my response came across that way, please know that this is a

general response, and not directed at you personally in any way.

Gee.... don't go away mad - -Ask away with all of the questions you

may have, and also share some of your knowledge with all of us..

We are all here to learn and share.

:p

I take a 6pk of bottled water and a 6pk of coke......enough to hold me over til the first port, then bring aboard some more if necessary. There's no sense in carrying larger quantities and making your carry-on heavier.

That's exactly what we do (although sometimes it's a 2 ltr btl instead of 6 pack). Don't see the point of lugging more (unless you don't intend to get off at the various ports)

jmo

-Monte

Ask away no problem - but take a moment to try the search feature - I think there are at least 2 other current threads on the same subject.

I read last night about setting up a bar, can you bring in your own soda and water for your cabin? Do you just carry it on, I know we could on the Disney cruise, but what about NCL? If so, did you put it in a soft sided cooler, or leave it in the case.

We had no problem bringing soft drinks and bottled water on our 2 cruises with NCL. BTW - I don't think other posters were getting harsh with you. I think some of the posts were directed at people who actually call customer service with questions like this. One piece of good advice though is to get a brochure and read it thoroughly - lots of questions people frequently ask are answered in the brochure. (Personally I don't have a problem with people asking questions like yours on this board - it's MUCH better to do that than to call customer service).

Archived