Thanks PVP !

lcp9984

Noticed prices had dropped due to the Half Year Sale on Carnival. Submitted my price drop forms and contacted PVP at the same time. He responded promptly and gave me the discount and it is already reflecting in my booking. THEN received an email from Carnival saying "Sorry" you don't qualify because you were not booked under the EarlySaver promotion. $200 drop for the cabin; I'll take it........ It pays to call your PVP !!!!!!!:D:D

Nice! I called my PVP over 24 hours ago about the sale and never heard back from him. I ended up just calling the regular # and spoke to anyone that answered the phone. Every PVP I've had has been a waste of space. The only time I hear from mine is if I don't have a cruise booked. Then he's always calling and e-mailing to get me to book one.

Noticed prices had dropped due to the Half Year Sale on Carnival. Submitted my price drop forms and contacted PVP at the same time. He responded promptly and gave me the discount and it is already reflecting in my booking. THEN received an email from Carnival saying "Sorry" you don't qualify because you were not booked under the EarlySaver promotion. $200 drop for the cabin; I'll take it........ It pays to call your PVP !!!!!!!:D:D

It sounds as though you were not booked under the Early Saver promotion (just because you 'booked early' that does not make it early saver)

So, if you submit the early saver form for a price drop and you are not booked under the early saver promotion the form is rejected. You have to call.

I noticed price dropped on our cruise, I called in and they said that price is only for new bookings. I booked early saver and final payment isn't due till August, should I callback and get someone else

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

I noticed price dropped on our cruise, I called in and they said that price is only for new bookings. I booked early saver and final payment isn't due till August, should I callback and get someone else

They are letting people cancel now due to the whole smoking thing. Just cancel and rebook

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

Call back.

Yes, definitely call back.

I am booked on "early saver" and past final payment. My cruise dropped $100.00 on a "Florida resident rate" and I submitted the form online for OBC.

About 2 hours later I received an email stating that my price drop was denied because the fare I was matching was higher than what I booked. When in fact, it was obviously $100.00 lower than what I booked.

When I called, and spoke to an actual person at Carnival; she explained that sometimes the price matching is done by computer, and sometimes by a live person. Mine was done by computer. The computer was failing to recognize that I was a Florida resident and denying the price drop based on that.

She went on to say that the computer sends out a "form letter denial" that states that "the rate you are price matching is higher than the rate you booked" regardless of the actual reason you were denied. She also told me that in the future if I was denied either online or over the phone to call back and speak to a different representative because they have so many rules and fare codes that often a simple typo or confusion about a fare code on their end can result in a denial that should have been approved. Computer error or human error it happens sometimes.

We had a laugh about that and she promptly gave me the OBC. :D

Call back. I just spoke to Carnival yesterday and got $200 reduction with FL resident rate and $100 reduction with Half year sale for family not living in FL. We are booked with early saver and final payment due Aug 11.

Nice! I called my PVP over 24 hours ago about the sale and never heard back from him. I ended up just calling the regular # and spoke to anyone that answered the phone. Every PVP I've had has been a waste of space. The only time I hear from mine is if I don't have a cruise booked. Then he's always calling and e-mailing to get me to book one.

Apparently you have never had a good one. Ask a cruising friend for recommendation.

I called back and because that reduced fare is super saver rate it cannot be combined with early saver. Gal was very nice and checked other fare rates just to make sure I couldn't get lower. She said call back anytime if I am unsure what the lower rate is and they will check.