alaska 2005

snowmen

I have been checking their website every day and they still do not have the itineraries or prices posted. I called them three times. All they can say is that they are well aware that they are very late getting the Alaska itineraries and they have gotten a lot of complaints and that I should just keep checking daily. I'm trying to plan a big reunion cruise for August 2005 and all my relatives are getting antsy to get the best staterooms. I'm tempted to switch to Royal Caribbean! They've got their Alaska 2005 all online.

[quote name='amenuensis']I'm tempted to switch to Royal Caribbean! They've got their Alaska 2005 all online.[/QUOTE]

Both the Zaandam and the Radiance of the Seas are wonderful ships.
(I personally love the Radiance -- but on Vanc to Hawaii trips)

That said, I think you should be aware the 2 lines do have different itineraries in the Inside Passage Alaska cruises.

HAL is allowed by permit to visit Glacier Bay while RCI can not. RCI therefore cruises Yakutat Bay and Hubbard Glacier instead. Depending on weather conditions there are times when the ships can not get close access to that glacier for safety reasons.

I would recommend hanging on to wait for the HAL schedules to come out to experience the beauty of Glacier Bay along with the other ports of call.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone heard anything more from HAL on Alaska roundtrip for 2005? I am considering Princess and HAL and can't make a decision until HAL does something. Should I just go with Princess or wait?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived