Newark- Cape Liberty transportation

rdhnd

I have friends who are in motorized wheelchairs and need a ride from Newark to Cape Liberty. RCCL wants $80 per person each way and there are four of them. Super Shuttle wants $150 plus 18% grat to take all four.

Seems there ought to be something more reasonable. Any help will be appreciated.

RDHND

I have friends who are in motorized wheelchairs and need a ride from Newark to Cape Liberty. RCCL wants $80 per person each way and there are four of them. Super Shuttle wants $150 plus 18% grat to take all four.

Seems there ought to be something more reasonable. Any help will be appreciated.

RDHND

Am I reading your post correct that there are four (4) people all with scooters needing transportation ?

Note that accessible taxi's can only accommodate one mobility scooter so you'll need to get four (taxi's) so you'll have to take that into consideration when comparing cost.

What date are you needing the taxi as we need to go in the opposite direction to Newark station?

Not sure of the date. They are coming from Limerick, Ireland. They are two thyolimide (sp?) people, one with a motorized chair and one with a collapsible chair and two young adults. If I find out the dates I will post the date.

It has been a few years, however we reserved a vehicle with Bayonne Yelow Cab, 565 Kennedy Blvd, Bayonne, NJ, (201) 339-5000. They had a mini bus with a lift and space for multiple wheelchairs or mobility devices. We both use mobility scooters. They do not have a website and I had to call to make reservations. We paid a flat charge for the vehicle and on the return trip to the airport we found a couple other ladies to share it with us.

Betty

Thanks for all the replies. Yes we know Leigh and Eugene as we are also Thalidomide survivors. I am in touch with Leigh already. Regards Daz.

This is great to hear

We are friends of theirs from Texas

They went to our church and we saw them in Cork 2 years ago

I hope they can come up with something more reasonable.

When we took this trip in '06 it was $50 for just a taxi for two to the port.

It is only 10-15 miles for the trip and should not cost so much but it is the northeast of the US and everything seems to cost more.

If you are sailing out of Houston then the 60 miles from airport to cruise terminal would justify the cost.