Tea time

In all four of my other Carnival adventures... I noticed "tea time" but never went. I have a sweet little girl who really likes tea parties. Is this something she would enjoy or is this more of a 'grown-up' activity?

Ecstasy December 2004

Triumph December 2011

Magic March 2012

Magic December 2012

Liberty August 2014

I think she'd love it. Lots of little pastries and (when I've gone) ample seating, and since it's a "rolling" time, you can get there or leave any time within the time frame, so no worries that it might be too long for her.

I think she'd love it. Lots of little pastries and (when I've gone) ample seating, and since it's a "rolling" time, you can get there or leave any time within the time frame, so no worries that it might be too long for her.

Thank you for your response. I thought that we could come and go, but since I hadn't been... I felt the need to check. So looking forward to the Liberty!

Ecstasy December 2004

Triumph December 2011

Magic March 2012

Magic December 2012

Liberty August 2014

Definitely take her! I've seen many sweet little girls (and boys) enjoying tea time with their parents. They seem to get 'extra' attention from the servers and are made to feel very special.

It's one of our favorite memories of cruising. Our youngest of 5 DD's went to tea time with DW and I when she was about 5.

She didn't want any real tea, so the waiter even made a special effort to get her some lemonade to make it even more special.

We still talk about her first "real" tea party.

People will dress in shorts and tee shirts to nice dresses and slacks.

I just wish they'd play the piano again, like they used to during tea time.

GP

It's one of our favorite memories of cruising. Our youngest of 5 DD's went to tea time with DW and I when she was about 5.

She didn't want any real tea, so the waiter even made a special effort to get her some lemonade to make it even more special.

We still talk about her first "real" tea party.

People will dress in shorts and tee shirts to nice dresses and slacks.

I just wish they'd play the piano again, like they used to during tea time.

GP

Although the tea and pastries are still there....the atmosphere just isn't the same in the MDR. I liked it a lot better in the lounge with piano music.

Although the tea and pastries are still there....the atmosphere just isn't the same in the MDR. I liked it a lot better in the lounge with piano music.

Very true. Very often they had a chamber music group playing

Edited by golfadj

I'd take her. It's a long standing tradition for my daughter and I to go to tea time once a cruise. She's 15 now but we still dress up and have a ball, wouldn't dream of missing it. Some of our best memories at sea are at tea time.

Take her! I took my 4 year old daughter, along with my 2, 4 and 10 year old nieces, and they loved it. Mine refused to drink tea, but drank milk from a tea cup, and the others had herbal teas. They all felt so fancy!

I used to take my DS all the time when he was younger. Now the DH and I go. I love the Tea Time treats...especially the strawberries and cream. Yum!:D

Looking forward to doing Tea Time next weekend on the Inspiration.

• 6 months later...