Our Super Last Minute "Breeze"y Adventure - 6 Days in the Western Caribbean Review

ktinnc

Grand Cayman continued...

July2nd-055_zps4c13fcce.jpg

July2nd-056_zpsd92d650e.jpg

July2nd-057_zps954a00b8.jpg

We stayed at Stingray City for about 30-40 minutes and then we got back on board and went over to snorkel the reef. At this location the water was between 6 to 8 feet deep, with the reef coming up almost to the surface. We saw many kinds of coral and tropical fish…although I was surprised we didn’t see a ton of fish. Anthony enjoyed swimming down to the coral in some places and he had the camera most of the time at this stop. I couldn’t get it away from him lol. Here’s a bunch more pics from the reef:

July2nd-058_zps2c391a4f.jpg

July2nd-059_zps5aa51a6a.jpg

July2nd-060_zps6235f982.jpg

Grand Cayman...

July2nd-079_zps03160585.jpg

After another 30-40 minutes we got back on board and while we were still waiting for a few people to come in, Anthony jumped off the side of the cat a few times – complete with flips. I later asked him his favorite part of the excursion and he said jumping in the water. No big surprise there!

July2nd-080_zpsa0ac5a4c.jpg

July2nd-081_zpse77eec82.jpg

We had a long ride back to the Yacht Club (probably 45min +)…. Half of the way they put the sails up …it was soooo relaxing. Everybody on board just chilled – some laid down and closed their eyes (we spread out all over the cat and on the trampoline)…it was quiet and peaceful.

July2nd-082_zps8eaae37e.jpg

July2nd-083_zpsd0ab3051.jpg

They had bottled water on board free of charge…..they had sodas and beer for purchase. The also served complimentary fresh watermelon which Anthony had his fair share of!

When we got back they led us back to the bus where we met Michelle (Chip’s wife & the one we had corresponded with via email) and she drove us back to the port. She was real friendly and talked along the way about life on the island and then gave recommendations of places to stop for lunch etc.

It was a really nice day and very affordable. I wouldn’t hesitate to book them again if we’re ever back in Grand Cayman. I would love for hubby to experience it…it was pretty cool.

Once we got back to the port there was a shop that had diet dr pepper in the can! I bought a couple to take back on board lol. My favorite drink! I just put them in my beach bag and nobody said anything when I boarded so I guess it was alright. They were a yummy treat after flat/watery diet cokes all week!

We got on the tender and headed back to the ship, taking pics of the Carnival Dream on the way – and Anthony making his comparisons of why he liked our ship better even though he could only see what he could see from the outside lol.

July2nd-084_zps32e7ba26.jpg

July2nd-085_zps8b1014d8.jpg

When we got back on board we were hot and sweaty and hungry. Since we were already in our bathing suits we decided to just head up to Lido deck and get some lunch and go in the pool! So that’s what we did. We ended up staying in the water for hours – even though it was pretty full. We found a shady spot in the pool and so it felt way better than sitting on chairs in the hot sun! We sailed away at 4pm and continued to hang out in the pool. We finally got out close to 5:30pm. Dinner was Elegant Night again and we had contemplated not going but at the last minute I said “C’mon…we missed dinner last night…let’s just go clean up quick and run to the dining room.” Anthony whined a little bit but then we showered and got ready in record time. Up-do with wet hair? Yes please lol. Dinner was terrible!!!! The food was awful and the service was worse. Our whole table agreed. But we all have off days so we just went with it. We were going to try to catch an early show at 7:15 but we didn’t even have our dinner yet at that point (dinner started at 6!) So instead we decided we would go to the 9:15pm show.

We needed something to do in the meantime (after we finally got our food/ate) so we went to “Guess that 70’s and 80’s Song with Matt,” in the Ocean Plaza. I didn’t have high hopes for this….I’m terrible at trivia and I’m really bad at song titles/artists, but we figured it would kill some time. It ended up being one of my favorite experiences of the week! First of all, the CD Matt told everyone that he would play a clip of the song that you had to guess and he would stop the music right before the part that you would want to sing. He said DO NOT SING THAT PART until we go over the answers! Well it never failed…every single song somebody couldn’t help themselves and would sing and he would “catch them.” He would put them in a time out on the stage lol. Everybody had fun with it. So I actually got what I thought were all the songs (I ended up missing 1 out of 22) and he said, “I need one person from every team to bring your answer sheets up here.” (Up here was the dance floor).Then he said, “Ok now I need friends and family of the person who is up here to come up and join them.” Some people came and of course some still sat there. So then he made us take an “oath.” It went something like this (and we had to repeat it after him)…. “I – will never – see any – of these people again!” And then we had to stay up there and go through all 22 songs and sing and dance the answers. He had all kinds of “dance moves” for us to do. It was so much fun and if he hadn’t tricked us into coming up I probably never would’ve done it. Instead we had a blast! That ran over so we were almost late to the show …. “Divas,” in the Ovation Theater. There were no seats left on the main floor and we had kinda crappy seats upstairs but that’s what happens when you’re singing/dancing to 70s and 80s songs and you’re late lol. The show was fun – featuring songs from divas like Gaga, Beyonce, Christina, Madonna, Whitney, Celine and more.

There was another show at 10:30pm – Pablo the “Mentalist” but Anthony was tired and didn’t want to go so instead we made another stop at the Cherry on Top and headed back to our cabin for a little tv/reading & bed! Another great day down….another great day to come….or would it?!?

July2nd-086_zps8336dd2f.jpg

Edited by ktinnc

• 3 months later...

Trying to relive my family's fantastic time on the Breeze this past summer and found your review again! My son turned 15 on this trip and he, my DD and I had one of our best family vacations on the gorgeous Breeze. The CD was amazing and very easy on the eyes, so my DD and I had a tiny crush on him. He called us the "beautiful girls" (blushing) with that cool English accent. The comedian was so hilarious, so we saw him once for the Adult show (DD is 18) and once for the Family show. He made my stomach hurt I laughed so hard! Our dining room staff treated us like family and made my son feel like a king on his birthday. We looked forward to going to ATD each night and requesting our HW's section. There was so much to do and it felt like those 6 days flew by. Please come back and finish so I can pretend I'm back on the Breeze! :D