Carnival in Europe?

lizjoemom

Thanks for the responses. We went on our first Carnival Cruise in Europe a few years back, and we thought it was great. We had always heard mixed reviews regarding Carnival, but that cruise hooked us for Carnival.

RC has a limited sailing itinerary in Europe next year too, and the prices seem pretty high, we will probably just wait until 016 or even 017 unless something changes.

I was fortunate enough to do the Mediterranean last year on RCCL and the prices are indeed higher this year. We chose RCCL over Carnival strictly for itinerary. I wonder if it is because Carnival is not there for the competition that prices are inching higher. HAL tends to have good fares in Europe closer to sailing but you do have to contend with airfare. The good thing is the fall is a lower priced season for airfare.

I wouldn't hesitate to book a newly launched CCL ship in Europe. We sailed on the Breeze in the Med.....the ship was perfect in all ways....no issues whatsoever. Like others have said, we too chose our cruise by itinerary and pricing. We have sailed on Princess (in Alaska), there was a naturalist on board, which was a big plus in Alaska, but not sure that would be useful to us in Europe.....so pricing and itinerary won out big time!!

I wouldn't hesitate to book a newly launched CCL ship in Europe. We sailed on the Breeze in the Med.....the ship was perfect in all ways....no issues whatsoever.

Dream ... had "smell" issues.

Princess has more experience in Europe. Also on Princess they gave lectures on what to do in ports without overselling their tours.

We won't hesitate either. We were on the second Dream cruise - October, 2009 - and it, too, was perfect in all ways. We never felt crowded or rushed. We liked the food and the service. We've been on 22 Carnival cruises and that one had the BEST entertainment and port talks. I usually avoid the port talks but the CD on the Dream gave useful information. Oh, and no "smell issues" for us.

True enough that Carnival is not sailing in the Mediterranean in 2015 however you may in fact take a "virtual cruise" by reading my LEGENDary 30th Anniversary cruise review below (just click the link in my signature line)!! :D

Thanks but kind of prefer that I do my cruises live

I agree with alot of the above. I did the 12 day Carnival Med cruise last year and it was wonderful.

Definitely would go with the new Vista, all depends on price and itinerary of course.

I had excursions in all the ports with less than 8 people. The excursion guides came and picked us up at the ports so Carnival didn't need to do much except get me to the ports and provide a comfortable place to sleep with good food. Planned the excursions using Tripadvisor and recommendations here.

The Sunshine had all the issues that year so we ended up with amazing price with all the price drops following all the complaints. We actually loved the Sunshine itself. Doubt I'll get quite that lucky on pricing with the Vista:)

Edited by dolfndreams

True enough that Carnival is not sailing in the Mediterranean in 2015 however you may in fact take a "virtual cruise" by reading my LEGENDary 30th Anniversary cruise review below (just click the link in my signature line)!! :D

Thanks! I read through the first two pages and enjoyed your review.

We were on the first sailing of the Freedom. It was a Med cruise and the president of the cruise line was on it. Needless to say, it was fabulous!

We only had one or two other past Carnival cruises, but we were treated well. I have never gotten so many free "perks"! Shirts, hats, tote bags, pens, books, drawings of the ship. Amazing! There were no mechanical or operating problems of any kind. I would not hesitate to book the first sailing of a new Carnival ship, based on my experience.

Thanks!!!!

Did you leave a comment? Wink-Wink.....;);)

My comments right now are to tell you I think your wife is a lovely looking lady and that I was touched by how you surprised her with the cruise.