When do luggage tags / welcome aboard packet typically arrive?

Sailing on the Breakaway on August 10 and still have not received the welcome aboard packet that we've received in previous years. Does NCL still send the luggage tags before the cruise, or do we have to print them ourselves? Thanks so much!

Sailing on the Breakaway on August 10 and still have not received the welcome aboard packet that we've received in previous years. Does NCL still send the luggage tags before the cruise, or do we have to print them ourselves? Thanks so much!

They still mail luggage tags for suite passengers, but all welcome aboard booklets are digital. Luggage tags are downloadable with your eDocs for printing & taping or stapling to your luggage.

PS We're on the same sailing - please feel free to swing by our roll call & sign up for the Meet & Greet if you're interested!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Got mine almost a month ago but if you are not in a suite you need to print your own. There is a link on the edocs at MyNCL.

Thank you! We are not in a suite, so it looks like we will have to print our own. I'm concerned about them ripping or falling off, though. Does anyone have any great suggestions for how to handle these tags?

Puddles, we are a group of 9. My husband and I are early 40's and we're bringing our sons, 15 and 12. We are traveling with another couple and their 15 year old son, as well as my widowed friend and her 12 year old son. We are all on deck 11. Cannot wait to get on board!

Thank you! We are not in a suite, so it looks like we will have to print our own. I'm concerned about them ripping or falling off, though. Does anyone have any great suggestions for how to handle these tags?

Puddles, we are a group of 9. My husband and I are early 40's and we're bringing our sons, 15 and 12. We are traveling with another couple and their 15 year old son, as well as my widowed friend and her 12 year old son. We are all on deck 11. Cannot wait to get on board!

Luggage tag holder made just for this purpose:

Cruise Luggage Tags Holder for Suitcases 8 PK, Clear PVC Protector Ship Etag Bag Card

Raqpak

Link: http://amzn.com/B00GN1E4XE

The clear inserts are one option. I usually fold them up and wrap them in clear packing tape and have yet to lose one. Also if you have luggage that a sticker will stay on I've also printed a second copy on sticker paper and stuck it on the suitcase as a backup.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Amo57

Great! Here's a link to our Roll Call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1842833

Luggage tag holder made just for this purpose:

Cruise Luggage Tags Holder for Suitcases 8 PK, Clear PVC Protector Ship Etag Bag Card

Raqpak

Link: http://amzn.com/B00GN1E4XE

We bought these similar ones: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IAA82IE/ref=cts_ap_2_fbt?pi=SL110 and they work perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you fold according to directions you end up with 6 layers and almost impossible to get ripped off just add several staples. The problems arise when passengers don't follow directions. I have seen full sheets taped to the suitcase, sheets of paper folded in half and attached to the handles, and even tags cut out and attached as a single layer of paper.

Keep in mind the porters at the pier have tags. They quickly add your cabin number with a sharpie. Check their work. They put the wrong number on the tag at Quebec City thankfully I noticed as they were taking my bag away.

The clear inserts are one option. I usually fold them up and wrap them in clear packing tape and have yet to lose one. Also if you have luggage that a sticker will stay on I've also printed a second copy on sticker paper and stuck it on the suitcase as a backup.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I printed an extra set and scotch taped them to all of our luggage, and they survived 5 flights plus it made it easier to spot our luggage to pick it up after the flight.

Sent from my home computer using coal-generated electricity.

Edited by mugtech

The problems arise when passengers don't follow directions. I have seen full sheets taped to the suitcase, sheets of paper folded in half and attached to the handles, and even tags cut out and attached as a single layer of paper.

You reminded me of something I had totally forgotten about...

When arriving at the terminal in Miami (Epic, Nov 2012) the porter I gave my luggage too was just setting aside another passengers luggage. Those passengers simply took the flat 8.5x11 sheet of paper and wrapped it around the luggage handles of their 3 suitcases. Then they put tiny folds in the corners of the paper in a futile attempt to secure it.

The porter was chuckling about it. He said the couple just left them there and walked away without saying a word. Luckily for the passengers he was a pretty cool guy. He said he would put on a proper tag on them as soon as he had a moment.

I filled my luggage tags out, folded them, and took them to Staples to be laminated. They put three or four on a sheet, and I just had to cut between them. I used a hole punch for the holes, (goes right through lamination) and put zip locks through them. Nothing was going to make those fall off. :-)

We had to print ours off once, and followed the instructions, then used clear packing tape to secure them, as well as protect the writing. Worked like a charm.

Have a great cruise!