Breakfast menu in MDR

kaztig79

A little off topic, but still breakfast...

I recently researched Eggs Benedict & apparently the secret to success is to have the muffins, sauce, & eggs all finished at the same moment.

Horizon Court benedict is usually improved by NOT eating the muffin.

We eat breakfast every day in the MDR except for the times we may have ab early excursion. The MDR is great, you can get what you want and have it delivered. They serve courses too-like fruit and a main course like bacon and eggs or pancakes. Or all of the above.

My wife loves the fruit followed by a bowl of the oatmeal followed by a plate of eggs and toast. The best part of it all is that she doesn't have to get up and load ip plates with all of that. It comes to her.

I love the pancakes. I also love the pastries they bring. As well as the sausage and eggs (scrambled for me).

The MDR is pleasant and relaxing in the morning. after a few days we often end up sharing a table with people we have met.

Finally there is nothing bette than discussing what happened on the ship the night before.

A great way to start the day.

Edited by AKman2495

I like a varity - breakfast in my room if I have an early morning port, dining room if I have a couple of days at sea, and buffet just to mix it up some mornings, but never day one - always too crazy. People get in a flow by the end of the cruise, and it is less busy. Not keen on the hum of all the people and stuff going on in that area.

Love to take a "tray" - yes, I know, NO trays, to the outside decks and enjoy if it is better than the view from my balcony.

Never thought of ordering my EB with sauce on the side. Hate when it sits to long, and the muffin is a sodden mess. But, did order it once with Canadian bacon instead of ham, and they made it for me in the MD.

All I know is where ever/what ever I eat - it is better than the toast I make myself at home!!