Cheers question again

lharry

Sorry if this has been asked already! Couldn't find the answer.

Right now, my husband is in a room with one child and I am booked in one with another child. Typically, we will switch rooms once we get aboard. Here's my question: if we go straight to the atrium bar once we board and purchase the Cheers program for hubby, and then proceed directly to Guest Services to switch me into his room, will they see that he has purchased the Cheers and make me purchase it at that time?

We typically wouldn't drink 15 drinks each day, but will be traveling with extended family and are thinking about buying unopened bottled beers to bring back to our room so that we can have them over, on our balcony, to have a beer or two in the evenings. This will work, right?

Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked already! Couldn't find the answer.

Right now, my husband is in a room with one child and I am booked in one with another child. Typically, we will switch rooms once we get aboard. Here's my question: if we go straight to the atrium bar once we board and purchase the Cheers program for hubby, and then proceed directly to Guest Services to switch me into his room, will they see that he has purchased the Cheers and make me purchase it at that time?

We typically wouldn't drink 15 drinks each day, but will be traveling with extended family and are thinking about buying unopened bottled beers to bring back to our room so that we can have them over, on our balcony, to have a beer or two in the evenings. This will work, right?

Thanks!

I think many people have done what you are planning with the room situation successfully.

regarding the beers. you do know that you have to order them 5 minutes apart each so you have to order 1, wait 5 minutes, order a second and wait 5 minutes and order a 3rd and wait 5 minutes. If you wanted to gather them at one time you would have to wait over an hour (more like an hour and a half with some delays) to get them all

I think it will take you a while to get them all but I assume its doable

I believe they will open the beers before they give them to you. Probably to preclude you from sharing with others which is expressly forbidden with the program.

Of course, sine you aren't planning to purchase cheers, you could buy a bucket of beer to take back to the room with no problem. Just you won't be able to do this with your hubby's cheers.

Edited by SATXLady

We do this all the time. As the previous poster stated, don't officially change rooms, just have extra key cards made. Take a lanyard for each of you and it will make it much easier to keep up with 2 cards.

There were several days that I didn't get close to my 15 drink limit and went to bar and grabbed beers not opened. We chilled these in the refrigerator and had them on the beach in port. We took a collapsible cooler and gallon size baggies for ice.

The 5 minute rule does apply but you order one before you get in line for food and one when you get your food, etc.

Have a great time!

You'll figure out which bartenders open beers and which don't. At the end of the night I always brought an unopened beer back to stash in the room. And make sure you get something in a can. They always open bottles. For me it was Heineken that I stashed.

Edited by Saint Greg