Breakaway Shows - Reservations and seating?

CTCruisers

We will be sailing on the Breakaway in September. We read that since the theater is smaller than Jewel Class ships, they require reservations for the production shows like Rock of Ages and Burn the Floor.

How does this work? Do you make a reservation for a specific show and & time and then just sit wherever you want? Or is it assigned seating?

Do the shows sell out?

Any information and tips would be appreciated.

There are no reserved seats. You turn up and find a seat.

Yes, the shows can sell out. In that case there is a reserve queue and they release seats if people haven't arrived 10 minutes before the show, so don't be late.

You can change reservations at the box office once aboard.

You don't get a ticket. You just use your room card.

I would definitely suggest making reservations ahead of your cruise. You can always change them when onboard. The shows fill up fast on the Breakaway. We were just on her last week. We had a great time and loved all the shows a second time this year.

I agree 100%...I was also on last week and the reservation system is a little annoying...It was just myself and my wife, so a party of 2 wasn't too bad, but if you are in a large group you'll need to book as much as you can if you really want to see all the shows, since they fill up very quickly.

This was my first time on NCL, so I found it a little harder to navigate than the typical cruise format (half eat dinner, half get entertainment, then you swap, all with predetermined times.) I booked a show or 2 before we left, but had to visit the box office twice to change some things around, and we ended up going to a show with out reservations and trying our luck with the standby line. Again since it was just 2 of us we got in with relative ease.

I will say that my wife and I loved the shows, and we did see pretty much everything, and some things twice. So it's doable, just takes a bit of planning.

Also as mentioned, the seating once inside is always first come first served...and people showed up shockingly early for some of the shows.

You can also reserve a time for a show on the television in your room. As noted until 10 minutes before show time, there is somebody with a computer at the entrances to the venue who swipes your room card which verifies your reservation. Ten minutes before show time, they let the stand bys in.