Weather in the Baltics in August?

I know it is a hard question but are we likely to see much sunshine in the Baltics in August?

We were there last year in late August and the weather was great. Sunny, highs of 65-75 degrees during the day, a little cooler in the mornings. Remember 1 colder day in St. Petersburg

The Baltics weather in August is temperate and nice - 60's to 70's, most of the time. We have encountered very warm 80's in Stockholm, but it was not uncomfortable for touring. In late August you may have a better chance of rain than earlier in the month as the weather patterns begin transitioning into fall.

Last year in mid to late-August the weather on the Baltic itinerary was excellent. Moderate temperatures - ideal for touring. Weather, of course, is unpredictable (see hurricane Arthur in early July in the US for an example) but the average conditions in the Baltics for that time period are quite favorable. Enjoy your cruise and limit your concerns to matters that are in your control.

We've just returned and the weather was beautiful, although the previous week it wasn't good I believe.

Lots of people didn't have enough warm weather clothes and we only had 1 pair of shorts each. Definitely take layers so you can strip off or add more as required.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I went in the last 2 weeks of July a couple of years ago and it was shorts & t-shirt weather every day in port. We were lucky that the only drizzly days were sea days. I'd agree that it's best to take layers, then you cover all options.