7/31 Miracle Review - again

mcbor

I posted this earlier but for some reason it is blank, so I will do it again.

Just got back from a week on the Miracle. It was myself and my 2 DDs 18 & 16. We had such a good time it is hard to believe it is over and we are back to the same old grind.

We arrived in Tampa on Sat. and stayed with relatives who live there. I rented a car at the airport on Sat., so on Sunday I dropped the car back at the airport and Avis drove us to the port - no charge!! We arrived at the port around 12:05, porters took our bags, we went through the line, waited for our # to be called. We were on the ship, sitting on the Lido deck having lunch by 1:05. it was very fast and very easy. We had to wait until 2:00 to go to our room, but we spent the time exploring the ship and checking out the Spa, exercise room, bars, etc.

The ship as others have said is beautiful and was very clean. The staff were very friendly and were always working.

Day 1 - at sea. Spent the day lounging in the sun, eating, and drinking. Caught up with a couple of the Cruise Critics members at the aft Lido bar - it was good to meet Guy & Laurie (hope I got that right).

Day 2 - Grand Cayman. Tendering in wasn't difficult at all. There weren't huge lines and the trip was short. I booked the Ray, Reef, and Rum Point with Native Way. It was an awesome tour. We played with the rays then went snorkeling - got to see and pet a nurse shark. Then went to Rum Point, had lunch, and just lounged at the beach. There were 8 of us on the tour - all from the Miracle. I do have to say all of us were very nervous that we wouldn't make the ship in time. We got there at 3:10 with the last tender leaving at 3:15.

Day 3 - Costa Maya. Here we did the Mayan Ruins with David & Ivan. David was our guide. We took a bus to Mahuhual and looked for them at the Cat's Meow. After finding David we waited, and waited, and waited. He had a huge group that day and had problems with not having enough transportation for everyone. He had a huge bus, and 2 vans. Everyone left but one of the vans with about 6 of us. He was waiting for more people but didn't have another van to fit everyone in. Finally, we got to leave. The tour was very educational but my daughters were bored to death - I enjoyed it.

Day 4 - Belize. We went Cave Tubing. I booked with Wet & Wild and Charlie was our guide. There were 5 in our group so we passed the huge groups from the other ships and walked farther so we could do one more cave. We got to jump from a 10 ft. rock into the river. The water was cool and crystal clear. After cave tubing we had lunch at the little resturant there. BBQ chicken, rice & beans, some kind of salad, and a muffin for dessert. It was delicious!!

Day 5 - Cozumel. We did the Royal Dolphin Swim. My kids enjoyed this the most. We bought the DVD for $50. It is well worth it. After the DOlphins swim we went to Paradise Beach and met Tom. Spent the rest of the day there sunning, kayaking, snorkeling, eating, & drinking.

Day 6 - At sea. Another day sunning, eating, & drinking.

Day 7 - back in Tampa. Woke up around 7:00. Went to the dining room had a leasurely breakfast, hung around the ship unil 9:30 then left the ship. Found our bags, called Avis who came and picked us up to take us back to the airport - once again no charge. Had a 4:00 flight so had quite a wait.

Our cabin steward was Binet - we hardly saw him, but we always had everything we needed. We had the early dinner seating which we missed only two times. Our waiters were Aslam and Gerrardo and they were very attentive.

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer them.

Great review! Glad you had such a good time. We go a week from Sunday and I get more excited with every review! We are doing the Rays, Reef and Rumpoint excursion also. I am a little concerned about the time you got back, this is our first cruise and I will be a nervous wreck if we are that late! We are also bringing our 16 year old daughter as well as 12 year old son. What did your daughters like the best about the cruise? Did they find enough to do? Thanks for the review. Can't wait to go!! Susan

My girls didn't do any of the "teen" activities or attempt to meet anyone, but there were plenty of activities for teens. There also was the disco which was open everynight for those 16 and up.

They went to kareoke (? sp) everynight and went to the shows and games. They just weren't interested in the teen stuff.

You are in a group of 8-10 people and they make the video with everyone in it. It starts by lising each person's name and then it shows each person doing each activity with the dolphins, so it is not a video of just you. It is still really neat and is put to music.

You are in a group of 8-10 people and they make the video with everyone in it. It starts by lising each person's name and then it shows each person doing each activity with the dolphins, so it is not a video of just you. It is still really neat and is put to music.

Thanks. I'm so glad to hear that I won't have to buy 2 videos.

Archived