jet blue vs southwest....

cruisinwithmyhubby

Heading into San Juan on March 21, 2015 to sail on the Valor. Jet Blue just released fares for 169.00 one way in. Southwest on the other hand, their fares won't be out till the end of August.... I'm not sure if I want to wait to see what SW's fares will be and miss out on Jet Blue. Is anyone familiar with the rates on SW at that time of year? I need some advice if I might see a dramatic difference... It is spring break also.... Thanx in advance

I don't have any experience with SW from Florida but while I appreciate their lower prices (sometimes)..... I don't like their no seat assignments and no frills at all experience. I will fly Jet Blue any chance I can. Mostly just wanted to wish you a great cruise... Love the Valor and that itinerary (done it twice on the Victory before they changed places in 3/2013, see reviews in signature) Also March 21st is my anniversary (28years) so I noticed your post. Have a great time in San Juan. We cruise on the Valor in Jan 2015 and are using Jet Blue. :D

I went with JetBlue mainly because I didn't want to wait and risk a higher fare. In addition, fares are hit and miss with SWA. For example, they were cheapest for us to get to New York, but JetBlue was cheaper getting home. Of the two, I prefer JetBlue because of assigned seating, better onboard service (at least in my opinion), and onboard entertainment. Of course, SWA now has Dish service streaming to your personal device and allows you to check an extra bag without a fee.

We are flying in to San Juan from Boston on 3/20 for a cruise next day- RT Boston to San Juan 782 for 2 JetBlue. It was 875 on Monday, booked on Tuesday at $782.

As others said it is spring break time.

Hope I got a good deal as it is non-refundable.

Southwest isn't putting out fare schedule quickly enough for me to wait and compare.

Now for a hotel...:)

We are flying in to San Juan from Boston on 3/20 for a cruise next day- RT Boston to San Juan 782 for 2 JetBlue. It was 875 on Monday, booked on Tuesday at $782.

Southwest isn't putting out fare schedule quickly enough for me to wait and compare.

I booked about a month ago for January and while the outbound flight's price has not changed, the return flight has increased $100.

I forgot to mention one additional benefit regarding Southwest. They don't charge change fees, so you can change your flights or even cancel them and hold onto the value of the ticket. The only catch is that you have one year to use the travel funds from the date the original ticket was purchased, not from when the original flight was scheduled to leave.

I have experience from both from Boston. What I like is Jet Blue is the only nonstop on the Boston/San Juan route. SW may be a little cheaper but you have to stop. For me, I'd pay a little extra to fly direct.

Just booked with AA since at the time JetBlue had not released their fares for Feb 2015. We live in Miami so would prefer leaving from MIA rather than driving to Ft Lauderdale. Interesting thing with AA was the roundtrip for Feb21-Mar1 was $373/pp. when I booked one ways going and coming it ended up at $267 out of MIA. Jet blue just released there flights from Ft Lauderdale and they were $237/pp. it is worth the $30 bucks not to have to drive.

Good luck