Just off Carnival Splendor w/ Fun Times – 7/7/14

blerner1

Loved the review, quick and to the point. Do you remember when the VIFP (past guest) party was? We are doing this cruise in October and are trying to make plans. Thanks :)

Apologies, but we didn't qualify for the past guest party so I didn't notice. You may find it in the Fun Times that I posted.

Thx for the fun times ....nice to get a feeling for what is available. What and where is the Dive theatre? Looks like some pretty recent movies. Is this outside?

Odd question...can you get PB for breakfast if you ask? Or from room service?

I will bring my own in blister packs if they don't have any!!! Thx

Thx for the fun times ....nice to get a feeling for what is available. What and where is the Dive theatre? Looks like some pretty recent movies. Is this outside?

Odd question...can you get PB for breakfast if you ask? Or from room service?

I will bring my own in blister packs if they don't have any!!! Thx

The Dive In theater, is when they play movies on the big screen outside on the Lido deck in the center pool area. (unless the roof is closed..in which case it would be indoors!) I think they are making an effort to play recent movies.

Regarding PB...hmm...not sure. I couldn't remember, nor could my kids. Better bring your blister packs just in case. Enjoy!

Great review, thanks. Question about the Cabana on Grand Turk. Is it $129 per person or is that the flat fee for the Cabana rental? Thanks!

Thanks! There were seven of us, and we were all able to use it for a total of $129.

Apologies, but we didn't qualify for the past guest party so I didn't notice. You may find it in the Fun Times that I posted.

Sorry to say the Return VIFP Party is not posted in the Fun Times. You will find an invitation in your name in your cabin with the date and time. Only those eligible are invited. But you can bring your cabin mate to it.

MARAPRINCE

• 4 weeks later...

I had a few questions regarding Camp Carnival. We are traveling in a group for my daughter's wedding. Hubby and I have only cruised alone in the past. Our Grandson will be in the 9 year old group, but he is very shy until he gets to know people . I am also concerned that the group will not be able to attend any adult comedy shows etc. together...We will take Daniel to all age appropriate shows etc, but were wondering how late the camp is open or if there were any other options for attending night events.

I've been looking online, haven't been able to find a definitive answer, but what spa amenities are included in the cruise fare? Is there a sauna, or steam room that doesn't require the pass being purchased? Sailing on the new Western Caribbean relocation for the Splendor in November. :)

• 1 month later...
I've been looking online, haven't been able to find a definitive answer, but what spa amenities are included in the cruise fare? Is there a sauna, or steam room that doesn't require the pass being purchased? Sailing on the new Western Caribbean relocation for the Splendor in November. :)

I think just the showers and locker room are included in the cruise fare. My wife really liked using these showers vs the cabin--it is bigger, nicer, etc.

Hope you enjoy(ed) your trip!

I had a few questions regarding Camp Carnival. We are traveling in a group for my daughter's wedding. Hubby and I have only cruised alone in the past. Our Grandson will be in the 9 year old group, but he is very shy until he gets to know people . I am also concerned that the group will not be able to attend any adult comedy shows etc. together...We will take Daniel to all age appropriate shows etc, but were wondering how late the camp is open or if there were any other options for attending night events.

You may want to double check the exact times, but I think Camp Carnival is open until maybe 10pm, but for a "nominal fee" they can stay for the Night Owl program until about 1am. Hopefully that gives you some free time to enjoy!

• 7 months later...

Not sure if it is proper etiquette to bring this thread back to life, but...

We are taking this same cruise on July 7, 2015, with a slight change in itinerary. Instead of Grand Turk, HMC and Nassau, it will be Grand Turk, St Thomas and San Juan. (actually, we did this same itinerary in July, 2013--I know, we're boring!)

We're getting excited about our cruise in 2+ wks, so if anyone has any updates on Splendor (Fun Times, Piano Bar singer, other entertainment, etc) that would be great!

When we get back, I'll be sure to provide an update!

You asst cruise director Chloe is one of the newest upcoming "stars"

she was great at what she does.

LOVED the SPlendor. and I can tell you that most of that stuff on page one was not done when we cruised this past february

• 4 weeks later...

Good day, just a ? We are doing our first Splendor cruise in Nov. The last one we did was on Celebrity. There you could upgrade your water package for an extra 6.00 per day if you wanted Virgin slush drinks like Pina Coloda's.

Other then the 50.00 package , and the coke package, can we purchase another package on Splendor if we only want Virgin Pina Coloda's and like drinks? If not how do you get these drinks, other then buying them individually? Thank You

Good day, just a ? We are doing our first Splendor cruise in Nov. The last one we did was on Celebrity. There you could upgrade your water package for an extra 6.00 per day if you wanted Virgin slush drinks like Pina Coloda's.

Other then the 50.00 package , and the coke package, can we purchase another package on Splendor if we only want Virgin Pina Coloda's and like drinks? If not how do you get these drinks, other then buying them individually? Thank You

Hi, unfortunately, frozen virgin drinks are only available when purchased individually. With the soda plan, you can get Shirley Temples and coke and grenadine--but that is about as fancy as it goes. In any case, I hope you enjoy your cruise! We just got back last week on another Splendor trip, and it was great.

frozen non alcoholic beverage is abut 5.00 eeach

• 2 weeks later...
You asst cruise director Chloe is one of the newest upcoming "stars"

she was great at what she does.

LOVED the SPlendor. and I can tell you that most of that stuff on page one was not done when we cruised this past february

Was Malcolm "Whoo Hooo" still there? He's been the cruise director forever!

• 2 weeks later...
Was Malcolm "Whoo Hooo" still there? He's been the cruise director forever!

Yes, Malcolm was there (and great!), but he was due to leave--and may have left for now. He is going away to become a 2.0 certified cruise director. He didn't say if/when he was coming back, but my guess is that he is preparing to come back to NY when the Sunshine comes. They say that the NY crowd is challenging, and Malcolm's style seems to work well.