!*! FREEDOM !*! Southern Caribbean 6/22/14 -Heavy on photos of 2.0 upgrades & menu

CleveCruiser

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for the awesome review!! I really enjoyed it - loved your humor, photos, and info! We leave on the Freedom soon and it was very enjoyable to read about what we will be doing and what to expect!! I know this had to take a lot of your time so know that I appreciate it!! Looks like you had a wonderful time with your lovely family!!!

I am excited even more. Going on the Freedom 1/25 out of FLL before she goes to Texas.

Thanks for the review. Booked our 1st balcony only a guarantee. So we have no idea where we end up on ship. But hay on a cruise. I will be happy

Thank you for the detailed postings. I will be on the Freedom on October 5. Now I have an idea what to expect. Excited !!:)

October 5!!!! coming up so soon! Have a great time.

Loved the review!! We sailed the Freedom way back just after she launched. Can't wait to sail her again. Your review has us looking at doing her this spring.

:D:D

Wow, would like to have seen some of those photos! I think she changed ports? but it was nice to be on a ship that was just refurbished. Have a great time if you go, and thanks for the kind words.

Loved your review we sail on the Freedom in about 3 weeks. We are also booked on Seavis Saona Island and Irie tours in Curacao. Thanks for all the helpful info. We did the Freedom in 2012 before the upgrade so looking forward to the changes. Appreciate the tips on getting to the beach in Aruba (Palm Beach) security didn't stop you when you used the pools at the Hyatt?

I hope you have an awesome cruise! Seavis was an all-around great tour. Let me know if you post a review!

Thanks for the review. I really enjoyed it. Makes me super excited that Freedom is coming to Galveston. Hoping I can cruise on her next year some time.

Galveston seems like it is getting a lot of love from Carnival! Hope you get to go on the Freedom too.

Thanks,

Barb

Great review, love your sense of humor!

Thanks! I like to see the lighter side of life!

Happy sailing,

Barb

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for the awesome review!! I really enjoyed it - loved your humor, photos, and info! We leave on the Freedom soon and it was very enjoyable to read about what we will be doing and what to expect!! I know this had to take a lot of your time so know that I appreciate it!! Looks like you had a wonderful time with your lovely family!!!

Thanks for your kind response. It was a learning experience to do the review...and it brought back a lot of memories doing it.

Hope you have a great cruise...let me know if you try a review as well!

I am excited even more. Going on the Freedom 1/25 out of FLL before she goes to Texas.

Thanks for the review. Booked our 1st balcony only a guarantee. So we have no idea where we end up on ship. But hay on a cruise. I will be happy

I think Galveston will be lucky to have her!

Have a great cruise, enjoy that balcony - I am sure it will be great.

BK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words, we had a great time and I am sure you will as well! Doing the review gave me a chance to relive it; worth the time! :)

Any room is a good room on a cruise! and a balcony is the icing on the cake. Have a great time. :)

Thanks for the review. I really enjoyed it. Makes me super excited that Freedom is coming to Galveston. Hoping I can cruise on her next year some time.

Freedom is a great size ship...I hope you have many wonderful trips on her! :)

Great review, love your sense of humor!

Why thanks! When my sisters and I get together...the laughter is so great for the soul. :)

Hi Barb & Steve:

What a wonderful review, I simply loved it. I am going to be doing that exact cruise, but on the Conquest in May 2015 out of Fort Lauderdale. As of now we are a group of 9 people still waiting on other family members to make up their mind. My question to you guys is my daughter will be doing a beach day with 3 kids between the ages of 4 and 9 she likes all the music at the beach just like in Margaritaville in Turks and Caicos. What beach do you think would be best for her to go in Aruba and in Curacao. She just wants to rent chairs and some shade for the day but she wants to make sure beach has bathroom and a restaurant, and not to far from ship. So what is your opinion. As for me and other members we just want to do a tour I have Lupus and have a hard time walking I get tired easily. Please help me out or anyone else that has been there. Your opinions matter. Thanks..

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you for the awesome review!

We are going on the Freedom (first cruise ever) in Dec! Can't wait!!

You are going to have a great time! Enjoy every minute of it and have a "kiss on the lips" for me!

I just read through and enjoyed your review for a second time:) And now that I am down to single digits, all the more exciting. Thanks again for this great review.

Well, thanks...again! :) Have a great time on your upcoming cruise.

Awesome review! I loved reading it. We leave a week from today :D CANNOT WAIT, and your review got me even more so excited!!!

I am ALWAYS so excited to cruise! Let me know if you do a review!

Hi Barb & Steve:

What a wonderful review, I simply loved it. I am going to be doing that exact cruise, but on the Conquest in May 2015 out of Fort Lauderdale. As of now we are a group of 9 people still waiting on other family members to make up their mind. My question to you guys is my daughter will be doing a beach day with 3 kids between the ages of 4 and 9 she likes all the music at the beach just like in Margaritaville in Turks and Caicos. What beach do you think would be best for her to go in Aruba and in Curacao. She just wants to rent chairs and some shade for the day but she wants to make sure beach has bathroom and a restaurant, and not to far from ship. So what is your opinion. As for me and other members we just want to do a tour I have Lupus and have a hard time walking I get tired easily. Please help me out or anyone else that has been there. Your opinions matter. Thanks..

Thank you for your kind words. A family cruise adds a whole new element of fun to cruising!

Aruba's Eagle Beach seems more quite, more natural, if you will. Palm beach had a lot to do, a lot of people, and a lot of places to relax at (or you could just relax on the beach). Those are the only two I know of. I am actually more of a nature person, so I would go back to Eagle Beach. I honestly cannot recall the bathroom situation at Palm Beach, I am nearly positive there is a public bathroom there. Totally a personal choice; have her do a bit of googling to see which will fit your daughter best. There are both a 15-20 minute bus ride from the dock. (and it is SO easy to take the bus.)

Have a great trip!

• 3 weeks later...

I really really enjoyed reading your review. That cruise is on my list. I almost reserved for summer 2015 but went with the san juan one instead. I cant wait to do yours too! I have learned so much from others reviews and appreciate the time to share your photos and info.. glad yall had a great vakay!

• 2 weeks later...
I really really enjoyed reading your review. That cruise is on my list. I almost reserved for summer 2015 but went with the san juan one instead. I cant wait to do yours too! I have learned so much from others reviews and appreciate the time to share your photos and info.. glad yall had a great vakay!

I liked the extra sea days at the end. Glad you enjoyed the review; let me know if you do one for yours!

I have enjoyed your review! We are sailing on the Conquest to Aruba in February. I am going to use your tip about Marcels Watersports! I have a question about riding the bus. I havent seen anyone else mention the bus pass. Was the kiosk by the bus station?

The main bus station is so easy to get to. The ship docks and foot traffic shuffles you along a kiosk lined street to the first intersection; the bus stations is right there, catty corner. The outside kiosk is easily spotted next to the driveway that the buses use right across the street from the kiosk lined street you just traversed. I would imagine you can go inside the terminal if the kiosk isn't staffed, but I would guess they staff it for ship arrivals. Would highly recommend the bus service.

Do a little research before-hand on which line you want (10 goes to beach) and it is cheap transportation! http://arubus.com/routes/