Teen packing tips

Help! We leave in 10 days for 7 day cruise on the NCL Jewel and not sure what my 15 year old son should pack, especially when it comes to dining in the main dining room. Are teens required to wear collared shirts similar to what the men are to wear or is it casual enough for them to wear a nice t-shirt? Hate to pack extra clothes won't be needed. Thanks for any suggestions. :)

My kids wore collared shirts like golf shirts and nice pants like Dockers. They wore tennis shoes. I am not sure if that was allowed, but no one said anything. We did not eat in the main dining room every night, so I only brought one nice shirt and pants. They only wore if for an hour and then we carefully hung the clothes up.

Edited by NCruiser2012

When I packed my teens I used lots of bubble wrap but be sure to leave an air hole for them to breathe! :D

Mr eyeseaewe- you have added more levity to these boards in two days ....

You make up for all the GROUCHES!!!!!

I am new-ish- had to get a new screen name after we moved and I forgot my old info. But you, señor, have cracked me up!!!!

thanks!,,

Betty

My son wore jeans and a t-shirt with writing (aero, american eagle, etc) and sneakers every night. No issues whatsoever. I let him wear what he wanted within reason or else the entire cruise would be ruined with his cranky attitude :)

Help! We leave in 10 days for 7 day cruise on the NCL Jewel and not sure what my 15 year old son should pack, especially when it comes to dining in the main dining room. Are teens required to wear collared shirts similar to what the men are to wear or is it casual enough for them to wear a nice t-shirt? Hate to pack extra clothes won't be needed. Thanks for any suggestions. :)

There are two MDR's, the aft one is a little dressier. If he always eats in the other MDR there will be no problem with Tshirts.

You might want to pack one collared shirt for him in case the family wants to eat in the aft dining room.

Mr eyeseaewe- you have added more levity to these boards in two days ....

You make up for all the GROUCHES!!!!!

I am new-ish- had to get a new screen name after we moved and I forgot my old info. But you, señor, have cracked me up!!!!

thanks!,,

Betty

Thank you for your kind comments. there are way more than enough 'other' comments and 'other' users to go around here. It seems that happens on most internet forums at some point. I do try to look at things with a different perspective and inteject a little humor when I can. Now damn it where did I put my bubble wrap and duct tape?

my boys 16 & 13 each brought 2 pairs of nice pants (Dockers), 3 polo shirts, and a nice pair of vans.

They were comfortable, and perfectly dressed. They only wore the clothes during dinner. They quickly changed after, and they made sure to hang up their clothes.