Hotel advice

MomofTheBoy

So thanks to work conflicts I had to change my cruise from a 3 day out of PC, I had to change to a 4 day on the Ecstasy out of Miami (the Victory didnt have waterworks and since my kid small, I figured that would be important). I now leave during Thanksgiving (which is what I wanted originally).

Looking at flight prices, its cheaper to fly into Fort Lauderdale than Miami. Now for my question: should I just stay in F.L. pre cruise and take a shuttle to port embarkation day OR get to Miami and get shuttle from there? What hotels would you recommend for either place. Keep in mind I'm still traveling alone with my then 4 year old son.

You guys know everything so I know im coming to the right place!

We always fly into FLL when leaving from Miami for the same reason.

We fly in the day before and use http://www.ridesas.com to take us to our hotel in Miami. We like to be close to the port...shorter ride in the morning.

We've stayed at the Intercontinental and Holiday Inn-Port of Miami. These are both close to Bayside Marketplace. Holiday Inn is right across the street.

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/

Then we just take a cab to the ship.

So thanks to work conflicts I had to change my cruise from a 3 day out of PC, I had to change to a 4 day on the Ecstasy out of Miami (the Victory didnt have waterworks and since my kid small, I figured that would be important). I now leave during Thanksgiving (which is what I wanted originally).

Looking at flight prices, its cheaper to fly into Fort Lauderdale than Miami. Now for my question: should I just stay in F.L. pre cruise and take a shuttle to port embarkation day OR get to Miami and get shuttle from there? What hotels would you recommend for either place. Keep in mind I'm still traveling alone with my then 4 year old son.

You guys know everything so I know im coming to the right place!

What is the date you will be flying in? I like KenMO fly into FLL and use ridesas.com to take us to the Intercontinental.

It's a stones throw to the port, Bayside is very close by, and you can see the ships docked across the bay from the pool deck at the Intercontinental.

Bill

I fly in Nov 23 and cruise sails out on the 24th. She will be a month out of dry dock so it will be interesting to see how she has changed since I last sailed her in 2009.

The Intercontinental is $159 a night for the refundable room or $123 for the nonrefundable room for the night of November 23rd.

Bill

We prefer to stay in the FLL area (more family friendly than downtown Miami and comparable hotels are usually cheaper) and then shuttle to POM the next morning.

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and lodging info.

I agree. Stay in Ft Lauderdale and then take Quality Limo Service to port of Miami for $15 pp.