Cabana at GSC

Bulldog3777

I have rented a small cabana at GSC. When do you choose which one you want? When you get on the ship at Guest Services?

Just got back from a trip on the Gem and our Cabana number was printed on our shore excursion envelope, we did not get to pick it.

I have to say, I think the small ones are MUCH better than the large ones! The location is fantastic! When I was on the Breakaway in March, I was lucky enough to have two wonderful folks (who I really need to E-mail!) invite me to join them in their cabana, which was No. 12. It was a total highlight of the entire trip. So much so that although I shouldn't be spending the money, I just reserved one for my September 6th cruise on the Gem.

Richard/Tralfie

I have to say, I think the small ones are MUCH better than the large ones! The location is fantastic! When I was on the Breakaway in March, I was lucky enough to have two wonderful folks (who I really need to E-mail!) invite me to join them in their cabana, which was No. 12. It was a total highlight of the entire trip. So much so that although I shouldn't be spending the money, I just reserved one for my September 6th cruise on the Gem.

Richard/Tralfie

Sounds good to me. Thanks

Would not know which one to pick if I were able. They all look to be relatively close to each other and side by side. I am sure one is just as good as the other. Some cruise lines have a map to pick from and the cabanas are spread out from the crowded beach to the less crowded areas. I prefer a less crowded area. It will be fine like it is.

Edited by Bulldog3777

We had one last August. I believe there were 10 and we were randomly assigned ours. It is a bit of a walk to them, however, you are in a completely secluded area and there is a beach right in front of them. It was the highlight of our trip!

They do have a tram that will take you to the cabanas.

My cruise is nearly 2 years away but I plan on booking a small cabana as soon as excursions come available. I have read so many good things about these.

Be careful, we waited until the excursions became available and they were sold out.. Apparently they can be booked prior to the excursions..

We have been lucky enough to be guested, split or have our own cabana 4 times. From what I can tell they are assigned in the order they sell. If you call NCL they will tell you you can request a cabana # as soon as you board, even if you tell them thats not true. In reality you will have your cabana # in your welcome aboard stuff when you get to your room.

We have been lucky enough to be guested, split or have our own cabana 4 times. From what I can tell they are assigned in the order they sell. If you call NCL they will tell you you can request a cabana # as soon as you board, even if you tell them thats not true. In reality you will have your cabana # in your welcome aboard stuff when you get to your room.

The shoreside staff doesn't always know what actally goes on as they haven't been on a cruise and they work from old scripts.

Be careful, we waited until the excursions became available and they were sold out.. Apparently they can be booked prior to the excursions..

How would I go about booking one before the excursions are available? My PCC or call the excursion desk?