CCL Stock

txjudy54

How do I buy CCL Stock? Does anyone know how much 100 shares of this stock would cost and do I go thru Carnival or my financial advisor? How much OBC would I earn for having CCL Stock? TIA:)

CCL stock closed today at 36.74. So 100 shares would equal $3674.00 The onboard credit is based on the length of the cruise - 5 days = $50, 7 days = $100.

I bought my stock after the crash in 2001 and paid only about $17.50 a share. The OBC is a great perk! If you cruise often, it is really awesome.

You cannot purchase it directly from the company so you will have to go through a broker!

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 14 days or longer - $250

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 7 to 13 days - $100

Onboard credit per stateroom on sailings of 6 days or less - $50

Edited by terrygbennett
typing error

CCL stock closed today at 36.74. So 100 shares would equal $3674.00 The onboard credit is based on the length of the cruise - 5 days = $50, 7 days = $100.

I bought my stock after the crash in 2001 and paid only about $17.50 a share. The OBC is a great perk! If you cruise often, it is really awesome.

You cannot purchase it directly from the company so you will have to go through a broker!

Nice :D Assuming you took the dividends and reinvested them in CCL shares plus depending on how many times you have used the OBC that is a pretty good ROI.

Don't think we can afford $3,000 in stock.

Based on this statement and the questions in OP, I do not think you should buy this stock. OTOH, I do not believe CCL will go under. That's why I am still holding my CCL stocks, even they lost $15k value from the recent peak.

Nice :D Assuming you took the dividends and reinvested them in CCL shares plus depending on how many times you have used the OBC that is a pretty good ROI.

Actually - this platinum cruiser has cashed in my orginal investment in OBC alone!

It is a great deal. I also save the dividends that CCL pays and use them for my cruise vacations too.

Most people these days buy their individual stocks like CCL through an online discount broker such as Scottrade because it only costs about $7 to purchase the stock. For those that are allowed to buy individual stocks within their 401K plan, that will work too for getting the onboard credit each time you cruise on a Carnival Corporation brand.

You can learn the shareholder benefit details here:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Don't think we can afford $3,000 in stock.

Investing in Carnival or any other stock should be part of an overall plan. When you are ready strongly suggest you go to your local library and read about buying and selling stocks so you will know what is involved and what can happen.

Investing in Carnival or any other stock should be part of an overall plan. When you are ready strongly suggest you go to your local library and read about buying and selling stocks so you will know what is involved and what can happen.

Can we stick to the question asked? I don't recall anyone asking for opinions on investing.

Lots of advisors suggest getting your feet wet by buying a stock related to a product that is familiar to you and that you believe in. CCL is a great example of that.

Can we stick to the question asked? I don't recall anyone asking for opinions on investing.

Lots of advisors suggest getting your feet wet by buying a stock related to a product that is familiar to you and that you believe in. CCL is a great example of that.

It appeared to me that the OP really didnt understand investing so I was helping her. Sorry if you do not approve but if it happens again will do the same thing.

Wow. Little harsh don't ya think? That's actually kinda what the op was asking. And he was provided a little more info.

Relax.......

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

I agree with golfadj. Coming to an anonymous cruise message board to ask how to purchase stock isn't really the right way to go about investing.

I would never have purchased my stock if I hadn't thought it was a good investment AT THE TIME.

Yes, the OBC has been a great benefit. I purchased 50 shares at around $28 and had to wait to buy the other 50 because I didn't have the cash. For the only time ever in my life, I got the timing right and bought the 2nd batch when it was just about at it's low (I think that was Jan 2009). Dividends had been suspended at that time.

Since then, I've received OBC of $950 on Carnival plus $250 for my 14-night HAL cruise. That, plus the reinstated dividends, plus the appreciation since I bought, has been a nice ROI.

I recently also purchased 100 shares of RCL. I don't even sail RCI or X (but I will sail X before too much longer). I bought because I believe in the investment. The future benefits I may receive for being a shareholder are icing on the cake.

But I would never buy a cake I didn't like just for the icing! ;)

I agree with golfadj. Coming to an anonymous cruise message board to ask how to purchase stock isn't really the right way to go about investing.

I would never have purchased my stock if I hadn't thought it was a good investment AT THE TIME.

Yes, the OBC has been a great benefit. I purchased 50 shares at around $28 and had to wait to buy the other 50 because I didn't have the cash. For the only time ever in my life, I got the timing right and bought the 2nd batch when it was just about at it's low (I think that was Jan 2009). Dividends had been suspended at that time.

Since then, I've received OBC of $950 on Carnival plus $250 for my 14-night HAL cruise. That, plus the reinstated dividends, plus the appreciation since I bought, has been a nice ROI.

I recently also purchased 100 shares of RCL. I don't even sail RCI or X (but I will sail X before too much longer). I bought because I believe in the investment. The future benefits I may receive for being a shareholder are icing on the cake.

But I would never buy a cake I didn't like just for the icing! ;)

Well said

It's a very simple equation. If you cruise regularly on a Carnival group ship, then the maths is quite simple. The stock is listed on NYSE and no matter which country you live in, you can purchase through a stockbroker. And they are liquid ie readily saleable. Based on the current share price of around $37 then you will need to outlay $3,700 for 100 shares. We get at least $250 credit per year plus there is the dividend paid by CCL which is over $100 pa. That's a benefit of around $350 pea or approx 10%. Better than you will get in the bank. Then there is the capital gain. We bought at around $32 when the shares had fallen from around $52 after the Costa Concordia "issue".

Anyone buying should do so based on their own circumstances, but if you are a regular traveller and get $250 pa benefit + dividend it's a pretty good rate of return in a company that has been quite stable and liquid.

FWIW, Carnival Corporation announced their next dividend payout 2 days ago on Wednesday. More cruise cash! Lol.

"Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) has announced that it has declared a dividend of $0.25 per share.

The company's board of directors approved a record date for the quarterly dividend of August 22, 2014, and a payment date of September 12, 2014."

• 1 month later...

Personally, I am long on CCL. I am in at $18.80 (2009). In that 5 years, I have roughly 1,500 in OBC and another $1,500 in dividends. At this point, the shares have more then paid for themselves, I continue to earn on dividends and OBCs, and I will stay long.

HOWEVER, if you just wanted to game the system, pickup a scottrade account, purchase 100 shares, print out the proof of ownership and email it in to get your shareholder OBC. Once the OBC clears (you will get an email), go to your scottrade account and sell your shares.

Scottrade will charge you $7 for the purchase and $7 for the sale. Best case, the stock makes at least a .14/share gain in those few days you own it and you break even on the trade (.14/share * 100 = $14.00), but you are up $100 in OBC. Worst case, the stock takes a nosedive, and you lose a little bit on the trade. BUT, as long as the stock goes down less then .86/share in the short period you own it, you come out in the black on the transaction.

Time it with a dividend payout, and you could net an extra $25 (dividends for the last 16 qtrs have been .25/share or better). You just missed the last one, payable on September 12, 2014, to stockholders of record on August 22, 2014. Next one should be around 3rd week of December.

NOTE: Past performance is no guarantee of future results

There have been numerous threads regarding CCL stock and investment information is usually somewhere in the thread. What was stated was not telling the OP specific advice but to learn more about it.

In regards to buying and selling around dividend periods, companies that declare dividends "usually" drop the amount of the dividend for that day. Now it may be made up in the normal trading prices. But buying before and selling after is not always a good plan.

Again, just providing information NOT ADVICE!!!!!

I fully agree with golfadj that the OP should do more research on playing in the stock market. And as my dad always told me, any money you invest is not money you need to live. And assume it will be lost and if you make out, then all the better.