So Excited! Just Booked Getaway for May 2015!

abisha

Well, after 33 years, I am FINALLY returning to NCL! My very first cruise ever was on Norwegian's Southward back in the early 80's (if you google it, you will get a good laugh as it barely looks like a cruise ship as we know it today, but more like a large yacht).

Anyhow, I originally booked RCI's Adventure of the Seas but after reading such horrible reviews on it (nothing aginst Royal, but this particular ship is older and not in great shape..most reviews didn't turn out too good or were just average), I started researching NCL's new ships. Boy, was I impressed with the offerings of their newest fleet. I am all about the entertainment and food when I cruise, and the entertainment is right up my alley on Getaway. So I just booked for May 2012. I'm looking forward to upcoming reviews and pictures for Getaway, so post away!

How funny. I've decided to try both the Getaway and the Adventure of the seas. The AOS ports are just too good to pass up. Plus, the rates for AOS were so low I decided to just take a chance on it dispite the bad reviews. There are so many cruisers compared to how many people do the reviews. Anyway, have fun on the Getaway. It looks amazing. I can barely wait myself!

How funny. I've decided to try both the Getaway and the Adventure of the seas. The AOS ports are just too good to pass up. Plus, the rates for AOS were so low I decided to just take a chance on it dispite the bad reviews. There are so many cruisers compared to how many people do the reviews. Anyway, have fun on the Getaway. It looks amazing. I can barely wait myself!

I just gave up the Aruba/Curacao route on AOS which was a bit disappointing as I've never been to either. I also gave up the buy one get one deal they had running (oh well :(). Royal's Jewel of the Seas did that route and changed it over to AOS. If they kept it on the Jewel of the Seas, I wouldn't have changed it. When I looked at all the offerings on Getaway, I couldn't pass it up! Although I will miss Aruba and Curacao (but will eventually sail there some day as those islands aren't going anywhere), I will be going to Tortola on Getaway, an island I've yet to see and experience.

Anyways, enjoy both your cruises! Let us know how you liked Getaway.

Edited by abisha

Yeah we did the buy one get one half off for the AOS. I just got off the Jewel in May, the ship was just okay but the staff was very good. I'm doing the November 29th, 2014 sailing on the Gataway. I can't wait to see how it goes. Did my first Norwegian cruise last December and really liked it. But I'm easy to please, I'm sure it will be fun. This will be my first really big ship, the other two were fairly small. We took advantage of that big sale they had a week or so away so it was too good to pass up.

Edited by Siora7777

Yeah we did the buy one get one half off for the AOS. I just got off the Jewel in May, the ship was just okay but the staff was very good. I'm doing the November 29th, 2014 sailing on the Gataway. I can't wait to see how it goes. Did my first Norwegian cruise last December and really liked it. But I'm easy to please, I'm sure it will be fun. This will be my first really big ship, the other two were fairly small. We took advantage of that big sale they had a week or so away so it was too good to pass up.

I'm easy to please too. We just got of Carnival Breeze which was my largest ship so far (loved it and had a great time). I am really looking forward to trying NCL (sailed with NCL so many years ago, so I cannot compare to how it would be today). I've heard mixed reviews, but want to experience it for myself.

We cruised on AOS years ago for our DD HS Graduation Cruise and it had stops in Aruba and Curacao. We had some problems back then with the staff and a group that was filming a show for cable. We will be going on our 1st NCL cruise on the Getaway in October 2014. We are very much looking forward to this cruise. We have been starting to book shows and dinners.

Shari & John

If you are all about food when you cruise, NCL is not the line for you. It is average at best and many feel it isn't even that good.

My party and I thought the food was great on our December, 2013 cruise on the NCL Sky. There was nine of us and not one complaint. We actually still talk about the food and how good it was. We liked everything so much we're doing another cruise with NCL. Since then I've cruised on Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas. In my opinion, the Sky had the Jewel beat. So much more variety. There were some good items on the Jewel as well, but NCL's breakfast was so much better, the buffet was so much better. I couldn't help but compare since the cruises were fairly close together. I found myself missing the variety of NCL. Dinners were pretty comparable in the main dining, RC may have had the better dinners (by a tad). But the dinners on NCL were very good. Both presented well. Everyone's idea of good is different. With so much food on board, I can't understand what some of these people are complaining about. Where RC really brought it was service. They had way better service on the Jewel then the Sky, I liked the staff better on RC Jewel of the Seas.

Edited by Siora7777