sister got VIFP deal her 2nd cruise my 6th! lol

billbren711

question for you experienced cruisers. I got 15 people to go on the conquest for Oct 5th.. its my sisters second cruise, our 6th.

I called when the price went down, but taxes went up so no deal there... my sister called to get her early saver lowered and right away carnival said, oh we have a better offer for you.. a vifp sale..so she got a $629 rate and Im at $669 ..I called and they wouldnt give it to me, after I said ..what the heck, I got 15 people on this ship and they will not budge.. agent said it was a random offer and I have to wait for one.

any suggestions?

Boo, that's crummy news. It's true that Carnival does have 'specials' some times that only last a few days. I'd just keep checking prices (by doing mock bookings) and maybe you'll come up with a better price. It does seem unfair she got it and you did all the work to get everyone to book. Sorry.....you seem to have rotten luck like me.:( I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to get an even better deal.:D

Boo, that's crummy news. It's true that Carnival does have 'specials' some times that only last a few days. I'd just keep checking prices (by doing mock bookings) and maybe you'll come up with a better price. It does seem unfair she got it and you did all the work to get everyone to book. Sorry.....you seem to have rotten luck like me.:( I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to get an even better deal.:D

I am the price checker in my family. So even if another member started to outing I get everyone's cruises linked to mine and I know all of their PINs. When the price goes down I take care of everyone's with just 1 call. If you have someone like me utilize them.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am the price checker in my family. So even if another member started to outing I get everyone's cruises linked to mine and I know all of their PINs. When the price goes down I take care of everyone's with just 1 call. If you have someone like me utilize them.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Your family is VERY fortunate to have you!!!!!:D

Your family is VERY fortunate to have you!!!!!:D

Thank you all for kind words.. We are all linked and I fill out all the early saver forms.. Im just a little disappointed with carnival that they cant "offer" me the same?? lol

I check every day a few times and even SW airlines ...when they go down we all get credits..lol

thanks again:)

I got my first price drop EVER…a whooping $10 total for two people! Ha ha I didn't care, I was so excited to see the price drop even the tiniest bit! Maybe I'll treat myself to an extra drink on the lido deck when we are at sea. Cheers!

..so she got a $629 rate and Im at $669

...Just a thought... Does your Sister live in the same state as you? Is she Military? Is she in the same exact cabin category as you? Just some possibilities...

question for you experienced cruisers. I got 15 people to go on the conquest for Oct 5th.. its my sisters second cruise, our 6th.

I called when the price went down, but taxes went up so no deal there... my sister called to get her early saver lowered and right away carnival said, oh we have a better offer for you.. a vifp sale..so she got a $629 rate and Im at $669 ..I called and they wouldnt give it to me, after I said ..what the heck, I got 15 people on this ship and they will not budge.. agent said it was a random offer and I have to wait for one.

any suggestions?

Just like the free cabin offers, other VIFP offers are given at Carnival's discretion. There has been considerable discussion here on this board about Carnival giving preferential pricing to newer customers while excluding its most loyal customers from the offers. Even diamonds have stated they got nothing while those with only a couple past cruises say they are getting them.

It does call into question IMO Carnival's treatment of its best cusomers. There really isn't anything you can do about it if you want to continue being Carnival's customer.

...Just a thought... Does your Sister live in the same state as you? Is she Military? Is she in the same exact cabin category as you? Just some possibilities...

yes, she is right next door to me on lido deck and we live in same state. Her husband (an x marine) military got the military rate then carnival had their half year sale and they gave her that when she called and thats when agent said, oh I can get you a better rate.

It is frustrating (although it couldnt happen to better people) but carnival seems so tough when it comes to asking for same deal..they dont budge..

We booked on royal for our 25th anniversary and are sailing first time in May.. We jumped on their buy one get one half off...it was a great sale..