Resort for a day

Has anyone used this website to book one of the hotels at Nassau?

We'll be there next week off Enchantment and we were thinking of going to the British Colonial Hilton. I understand it's close to port and you get the dining voucher. I know we could just walk back to the ship and eat for free but I don't know if we would feel like going back out after that.

I looked at pictures on the website and the beach looks small, so I'm wondering if it ends up being crowded.

Anyone here with experiences with that website or the hotel we're thinking about? What kinds of foods are available with the voucher? Can we use their kayaks and loungers for free or is there an extra fee?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We'll be there next week off Enchantment and we were thinking of going to the British Colonial Hilton. I understand it's close to port and you get the dining voucher. I know we could just walk back to the ship and eat for free but I don't know if we would feel like going back out after that.

I looked at pictures on the website and the beach looks small, so I'm wondering if it ends up being crowded.

Anyone here with experiences with that website or the hotel we're thinking about? What kinds of foods are available with the voucher? Can we use their kayaks and loungers for free or is there an extra fee?

Perfect use of the Ports of Call forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Never used them there but did use them in Roatan and it worked well . Just as promised . Open bar great food was very happy with how they handled it.

Have not used website.

Have been to the British Colonial Hilton and the Melia in Nassau.

The Hilton is right near the pier, with a small pool and beach. It is a lovely hotel.

The Melia is on Cable Beach with several large pools and a big stretch of beach.

They both have websites.

DW and I went to the British Colonial Hilton a few years ago when we were in Nassau on the Majesty (there were 3 other ships in port with us, including Oasis).

We walked there from the ship, about a 10 minute walk along the waterfront and went to the front desk to buy the Day Passes. I don't remember how much they were but it included a food & beverage credit that we could use at the pool. We found it to be a great option and the pool and beach never got very crowded. I had a friend that stayed to the BCH last year and said they had recently redone the pool area.