Norwegian Epic

I dont worry about bad reviews. Most of the posters have an ax to grind. There is a very good thread on the Epic by a woman who included lots of pics. Her reviews seem balanced and fair. We are on the Epic in Feb for a B2B.

If I paid attention to the reviews, I wouldn't have sailed on any of my cruises. I started out reading them, and would read the ones I went on after we got back. My views are so much more relaxed than a lot of the people that write reviews. Sometimes I would wonder if we really were on the same cruise!

[quote name='Britisher in New York']I have booked Epic for a week in May next year but the reviews for the latest cruises all seem very critical. Views from recent passengers?[/QUOTE]

No matter what, you simply can't please everyone. We live in a world where unhappy people feel the need to trumpet their unhappyness in an attempt to get sympathy and attention.

4000+ people sail the Epic each week. Let's do the math....What percentage of them write bad reviews? More importantly, what percentage of them do NOT write a bad review?

[quote name='SeaShark']No matter what, you simply can't please everyone. We live in a world where unhappy people feel the need to trumpet their unhappyness in an attempt to get sympathy and attention.

4000+ people sail the Epic each week. Let's do the math....What percentage of them write bad reviews? More importantly, what percentage of them do NOT write a bad review?[/quote]

What percentage of them write any kind of review? :D

We will be arriving in Barcelona from our 14 day transatlantic/Med cruise early in May. It will be trip #3 on Epic--can't wait. But as someone pointed out, Epic draws polar reactions from many. Mine just happens to be favorable so I chose her for my first TA cruise.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk Edited by Rhea98

Everyone has an opinion. I think it is a good thing. Read all reviews and then decide yourself. While I loved the Epic as a ship, I did not like the design of my balcony cabin. Having the shower and commode on the opposite side of the cabin door and the wash basin in the room was, for me, terrible. Happy travels!

We really enjoyed it - even the bathroom design didn't bother us - actually made it for lots of room to get dressed or whatever - just pull the curtain.

Here's my post about it from last year. Didn't think it was as big as I expected either. We were in a balcony mini suite (got a free upgrade) on the 10th deck (Room 10265)

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1827709[/url]

Link to photos I took on the ship

[url]http://public.fotki.com/avisn/norwegian-epic/[/url] Edited by genealogyfan

The reviews that are either hypercritical or hyperboasting are just amusement. The ones that show examples of the good and bad are the ones that I tend to gain some information from

I really liked the Epic, the shows Blue Man Group was excellent. I had seen the show in Orlando but it was fun to see it again. While it is the same show runner it is the audience participation that makes the show. I didn't enjoy the Legends show...how can Katy Parry be a legend? Was never a fan of Elvis. Steven Tyler was pretty good although the lips were distracting :)

Every crew member I met was always happy, smiling and willing to chat for a brief minute. Food was pretty good in all restaurants but that is very subjective. I didn't like the Indian food that was offered in Garden Cafe..it was bland and liquidy

[quote name='rbrugler']I dont worry about bad reviews. Most of the posters have an ax to grind. There is a very good thread on the Epic by a woman who included lots of pics. Her reviews seem balanced and fair. We are on the Epic in Feb for a B2B.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean LittleMissMagic? Victoria's reviews are amazing - I have "known" her for years and would trust any review she wrote. We're booked on the Epic for Christmas week, based partly on her review. If you want an unbiased review with wonderful photography check it out.