Just back from Carnival Pride

Mikemax61

I actually thought Josh Waitzman was scheduled to be Pride's CD until his vacation starting September 28th. Is this info incorrect or is Calvin just filling in for a couple of weeks? I was hoping to have "Big Sexy" as our CD on 9/21.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I talked to Josh, Big Sexy on our May 26 cruise and he said he would be off for a while in July. So I think he will be back.

I got off the Pride last Sunday. We were late getting to Baltimore because of a medical emergency. Calvyn did mention it in an announcement. I heard in the terminal, from someone who appeared to be a relative that it was an appendix.

I'm confused about Calvyn though. He didn't say a word about being a brand new Cruise director or that it was his first time as CD on the Pride. He mentioned a few times that he was headed to Alaska and we had a conversation about how he was leaving last Sunday to go to the Imagination for a few weeks, then to go to Alaska. He said the ship sails near his home (can't remember current or former) in Canada. There wasn't anyone mentioned as Asst CD.

I guess his plans changed.

According to Big Sexy's blog he is off for just a bit for the birth of his niece I think. He is due back on the Pride & will be the CD on her until the end of September unless that changed & I missed reading about a change. So far not sure who we will be having as a CD for our October 4 cruise was hoping for Josh but it doesn't appear that will be the case.

So, I will first admit that my cruising experiences are somewhat limited. However, IMHO Calvyn was the worst CD I have ever sailed with to date. He seemed disinterested and presented himself as someone "going through the motions." I never sensed any excitement in his voice and each announcement started with "Well, here we are..." I truly did not get the impression he enjoys his job. Again, I know experiences differ, but that is what we saw or felt.