Owner''s/Vista suites

Pterostyrax

Can anyone tell me the major differences between the Owner's and Vista suites onboard Oceania ships? Also, is the refrigerated mini-bar like a hotel mini-bar where you are charged for any items removed, or is this stocked for free? How well do the priority restaurant reservations and luggage delivery amenities work? Any other little tidbits regarding the concierge level amenities and the Owner's and Vista suites would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

We were in the Owner's Suite in Feb and loved it. I don't know the difference between it and the Vista other than it's aft, which is great. The mini bar is NOT free. You pay as you use. As far as the restaurants, your butler makes the reservations for you for whenever you choose to go. When we go on the Regatta in Nov we are going to be in one of the PHs. The verandah in the OS was soooo big, we never had a chance to use all of it. Great cabins; it would be nice to be retired in one of them!!!!!

Esther

The amneties are the same for both categories, with the biggest difference being location, location, location. In a nutshell, Owners Suites are at the back of the ship, and Vista Suites are at the front - check out other posts on this board about what difference being at the bow or the stern makes - the rocking and rolling, the wind coming into your cabin, preferred views (coming or going), etc. On the whole, people tend to prefer the relative comfort of the stern and the larger square footage (around 180 square feet), which is reflected in the higher prices for the Owners Suites.

We had the Vista Suite going thru the Panama Canal--it was great!!!! While on out veranda, sipping coffee, we watched the operations of our Oceania crew and the land crew. Also like seeing the views as we approach each port. I loved the breeze (it is pretty protected ) on our veranda. The butler makes dinner reservations, brings hors d' oeuvres in the late afternoon, with ice etc. and even helps you unpack and pack. the tub (jacuzzi) --wonderful after a day in port. We had breakfast in our room sometimes-which was very nice also.

We are scheduled to be in "our" Vista Suite again onj 1-6-06--third time in this same suite--we brought our wine and liquor on -got it in our first port in Mexico. Wouldn't mind getting a 7th deck Suite (we've had 6002 three times now. I have a new IMac and can't find the 1-6-06 board. Lost all my favorite places downloading from the old Mac---- (they say that happens..(?)-- so i haven't been able to get into that specific board. If anyone has any info, please let me know.

Jan S

posted at 6:20 pm and it reads 2:15 am--another thing to find out how to do on this new Mac

no, not your MAC it's this site actually.. if you look at the top of the page under the CRUISE CRITIC banner at this site it will say bargains, boards, community etc. under that a couple lines down it says user CP.. if you click on that you will bring up all your info, you can put in any info you want about yourself and somewhere there will mention time zone from where you are posting, if you put it to where you are should come out closer to your time zone

Thanks Claudia, I found the CP but still can't find the zone time change. On Monday I am having an "expert" computer guy come to get me straightened out. I went from dial to DSL and maybe that is the problem with the printer not talking to my computer--it printed on the dial-not on the DSL. Hope I'll be up and running soon.

Jan

When your butler made dinner reservations, was there ever a time when all the tables were already booked? I hate planning every night in advance, but will certainly make all our reservations the minute we board if that is necessary. Thanks.

Sharon

Hi

We were in the Owner's Suite in Feb and loved it. I don't know the difference between it and the Vista other than it's aft, which is great. The mini bar is NOT free. You pay as you use. As far as the restaurants, your butler makes the reservations for you for whenever you choose to go. When we go on the Regatta in Nov we are going to be in one of the PHs. The verandah in the OS was soooo big, we never had a chance to use all of it. Great cabins; it would be nice to be retired in one of them!!!!!

Esther

When we first arrived we gave the butler our reservations for the steak or Italian restaurants for all the "at sea" days. We chose to eat in the dining room on the port days so that we wouldn't have to worry about a time schedule. However, a few times we did decide to go to the steak or Italian

place, and gave him the res. the night before. Sometimes he was able to get it and sometimes they were booked, so we didn't get it. Booking ahead is the best way ro insure reservations.

Jan

Your butler will bring in the whole reservation book if you want him to , then you can decide which dates and where..

difference between Vista and OS are exactly where they are located.. they are basically the same as to layout and furnishings..

Vista have a big round window on the side ( os do not have that..no biggie).. just depends what you like.

They may have a few feet difference... but they are the same..

I believe a couple OS are quoted to be a 100 or more feet larger ( it is really the possibility they are talking about the balconies of the 6th floor aft OS's)..which seem to be alot larger due to the configuration of the ship.

Thanks Claudia, I found the CP but still can't find the zone time change. On Monday I am having an "expert" computer guy come to get me straightened out. I went from dial to DSL and maybe that is the problem with the printer not talking to my computer--it printed on the dial-not on the DSL. Hope I'll be up and running soon.

Jan

Hit user CP then "edit options" and scroll down abit to time zones;)

Archived