Booking date/ sailing date time frame ?

HawkIVette

Don't take this wrong, as I am not criticizing anyone. Everyone has their own reasons for when they book and how far out.

But I see a lot of posts of people that have to change or cancel their booking because of changes that are unforeseen in their life.

I usually book no more than 6 months out and have found that I find better deals around 3-6 months from sailing. I usually don't know what I will be doing next month, let alone 12 months from now. But maybe I am missing something.

I see a lot of people booking 1 year or sometimes more. I just don't get that. How can you plan a vacation that far out knowing what you are going to be doing at that time?

You book 3-6 months out, but don't know what you are doing next month. That seems about as illogical as you not understanding how people book 12+ months out.

You book 3-6 months out, but don't know what you are doing next month. That seems about as illogical as you not understanding how people book 12+ months out.

Well, as I am figuring out, it is not so much that I don't understand why people book so far out. It is more about why they don't protect their "investment" by purchasing travel insurance. I guess I asked it the wrong way.

And as far as my travel vacations, I don't book so far out as I stated because of my medical condition. I do know what I am doing for big trips, but I seem to not plan them or book them more than 6 months, and most of the time around the 3 month mark.

What I meant by the "don't know what I am doing next month" was more a sign of my old age. While I do remember my planned vacations, birthdays, anniversaries and when Christmas is, I tend to forget what I have to do this Saturday, or what I did last Saturday.