pre-cruise hotel in Honolulu

Lolotte

We are looking to book a hotel in Honolulu for 3-4 days before our cruise in April. Are there any quiet spots ? We want good value for price , any suggestions ?

Check out Turtle Bay Resort on the north side. It is very nice and quiet.

Burt

Most people stay on the Waikiki Beach area. It is beautiful, but there are hundreds of hotel and condos, restaurants, shopping, etc, so I don't know if you would call it quiet. It is Hawaii, so rates are expensive, as is food. Check out Trip Advisor for recommended hotels and condos. Waikiki Beach is fairly near the airport, cruise pier and many attractions which can be reached by private tour from your hotel, taxis or city buses, or even just walking, making it easy to stay there without the expense of a rental car. That said, rental cars are very inexpensive in Hawaii. Some hotels have rentals on site or nearby. But, most of the hotels have expensive per day parking fees, however, so we do not plan on getting a car for our pre cruise stay which will be at the Hilton Hawaiin Village which is at the wide end of the beach with good views of Diamond Head and all the bells and whistles. It is Hawaii so we are going all out. But if you plan to rent a car, make sure you take into account the parking fees when comparing rates.

The Turtle Bay Resort is on the North Shore area and requires a rental car to get there. It is about an hours drive with no stops or you could spend several hours en route exploring. Many scenic areas to see there. Polynesian Cultural Center and Kualoa Ranch are a quick drive. It is quite expensive and offers a variety of accommodations from hotel rooms, to large condos to private beach front cottages. We plan to stay there a few days after our cruise.

Edited by punkincc

We are staying at the Hilton after our cruise but I want to know the best way to get there. Should I see if Roberts van will pick us up or should I get a taxi and can you book a taxi ahead of time to pick us up after our cruise. I want to get to the Hilton fairly quickly because we have the Polynesian van coming to pick us up before noon for the park. Thank you any ideas.

We are staying at the Hilton after our cruise but I want to know the best way to get there. Should I see if Roberts van will pick us up or should I get a taxi and can you book a taxi ahead of time to pick us up after our cruise. I want to get to the Hilton fairly quickly because we have the Polynesian van coming to pick us up before noon for the park. Thank you any ideas.

I think we will just grab a taxi to the Hilton from the pier. They are plentiful at the cruise pier and probably faster. Roberts is reliable and probably less than a taxi, but I guess it would depend on the number in your party. And you may have to wait for them to get a bus filled as well as ride along for other hotel drop offs if your hotel is not first. I think from the airport they are about $13 per person, and it is nice as they meet you at the baggage carrousel and take your luggage from there. Not sure what they charge from the dock.

Many people recommend Hawaii 23 which is a private transfer just for your party. We have arranged pick up at the airport to the HHV for a total of $23 for 2 people. Another private option I have heard about is Johnny Cab which was around $20 I believe.

If you are on the POA, the good thing is that you can leave the ship when YOU decide. So if you want off early, no problem. You should have no trouble having a leisurely breakfast and then heading out to the hotel.

traffic can be a zoo and parking is limited and expensive(mind you paying for parking is my pet peeve)

we normally rent a car on the day we leave..use it to get to the airport and as flights are usually late evening this gives us time to do the circle island trip north shore, dole plantation etc.

there is the waikiki trolley service that does hop on hop off trips to main attractions plus its services the big outdoor mall...if you book tickets online you can get a pretty good deal for your stay.

if you are ex military I think you can stay at the resort next to Hilton Hawaiian Village. being a canuck I am not sure of the rules nor the chance of snagging a spot there..but it looks good

traffic can be a zoo and parking is limited and expensive(mind you paying for parking is my pet peeve)

we normally rent a car on the day we leave..use it to get to the airport and as flights are usually late evening this gives us time to do the circle island trip north shore, dole plantation etc.

there is the waikiki trolley service that does hop on hop off trips to main attractions plus its services the big outdoor mall...if you book tickets online you can get a pretty good deal for your stay.

if you are ex military I think you can stay at the resort next to Hilton Hawaiian Village. being a canuck I am not sure of the rules nor the chance of snagging a spot there..but it looks good

You're referring to the Hale Koa, which is located on Fort DeRussy Armed Forces Recreation Center. It is a resort serving members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their families.