Norwegian glaciers

Going on a Norwegian fjord and north cape cruise next July,on aurora.

I know there is an excursion to a glacier from Olden. However we are not stopping there.

We will be stopping at Flam, Geiranger, Alesund, Stavanger, and some other ports nearer the north cape. Is there a Suitable P&O excursion from any of these ports?.

Going on a Norwegian fjord and north cape cruise next July,on aurora.

I know there is an excursion to a glacier from Olden. However we are not stopping there.

We will be stopping at Flam, Geiranger, Alesund, Stavanger, and some other ports nearer the north cape. Is there a Suitable P&O excursion from any of these ports?.

I am not sure which tours P&O are offering but the closest port would be from Flåm.

Going on a Norwegian fjord and north cape cruise next July,on aurora. I know there is an excursion to a glacier from Olden. However we are not stopping there. We will be stopping at Flam, Geiranger, Alesund, Stavanger, and some other ports nearer the north cape. Is there a Suitable P&O excursion from any of these ports?.

As wisely noted by I-Cruiser, much depends on exactly what P&O will be offering and have available on your specific cruise. Glad to hear you are going up, UP, UP to the North Cape. Lots to love along that coast. Hope you are stopping at the spectacular Lofoten Island. Will you visit there? Really loved Flam, Geiranger, Alesund, etc. that we visited. More details and lots of visuals on the live/blog connected below for our stops, options to consider, etc. July is the best month to be visiting and traveling along with this scenic coast.

Let us know any other questions. Don't be shy!! The only bad question is the one you don't ask.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 149,778 views. Nice to be hitting this high of a level for viewership. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

• 2 weeks later...

I would definitely go on the Flam railway -- it will be much cheaper if you buy a ticket from the booking office rather than taking the ships excursion. I would advise coming back on the same train as you go up -- there is nothing to see at the top but plenty on the way up and down including a photostop . For both Flam and Geiranger its worth being on deck or balcony early for the cruise in and then again on the way out in the evening. At Stavanger p and O offer more than one excursion to Pulpit Rock. It's worth giving yourself time to spend in Stavanger itself, particularly the old part which is likely to be close to where you berth.