Seatle Miracle August 2014

bobo smith

def no long johns this time of year there.. Jeans, shirt and either a hoodie or light jacket... Umbrella possibly when you go further north. Seattle is beautiful during August! Mt Rainer is BEAUTIFUL! I sure do miss seeing her every day! Seattle is so fun! just to walk around and explore which doesn't cost a whole bunch. Space needle is a must. Also there is the EMP (Experience Music Project Museum) there close as well.

It's neat to see people coming from east coast to go up to Alaska. ;-). I live in Oregon and I go back east to cruise.....Lol.

Hope you have a wonderful time!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by cruisinbabs

Playa,We are staying at the bell town inn.I hope it is not going to be hot.No AC.We live in Venice Florida.At midnight last night it was 89 degrees the Gulf is about 90.We have a large pool so no biggie.We arrive the 16th.Any thought of the Bell town inn? Thats where u can find us.I had said we are not tourist trap people and I do want comfort but at a decent price.I have been traveling for almost 20 years so I know my way around for the most part.Never have I left warm weather to vacation in colder.As far as the pier journey I think we are taking a cab to the miracle.It is just my wife and I and we travel light being we have done many journey and over packed for the first few years.My wife is a natuaral girl very light on the make up mostly skin products.It is hard for anyone to keep a face and hair with the gulf breeze here.The majority of woman and men wind blown hair no make up and over tan.I do not notice the tan much unless I am standing by a sun beaten tourist who did not bother checking the UV index when they were out in the sun.UV was 11 on Monday.That would fry anyone.

Since I arrive at about 4pm I asked Jeff not to pick me up at the airport since it is south of Seattle (rush hour), even though he offered. I am opting to take the light train that leaves the airport every 7 minutes for a whopping $2.75. That will get me downtown where I will transfer to another train (I am presuming it will be another light rail). I need to look into it further but Seattle does have a great transit system.

Our hotel was fairly close to the airport. They had a cruise package that included a shuttle to Pier 91 the morning of the cruise and they also had a hotel shuttle that would take you to and from the airport, the light rail line, and local shops and restaurants. The light rail system is really nice and worked well for us.

Thanks to our wealthy area of donators at the local goodwill,me not so wealthy we have all our gear and clothes ready and thanks to this forum for the input.Binoculars if any one wants a decent pair I saw a half dozen brand name sets at our thrift store.No one buys em.I would be more than happy to send a set if you would like.Just contact me and we can set it up.Non profit just pay the few dollars and the shipping.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello bobo Smith, we too will be on the Miracle on the Alaska cruise, will be there the same time. The ship leaves on Aug 19th, will also be flying in from Fla. We live in North Fla, Tallahassee. Also have been wondering about the clothing, guess just take warm clothing.

Hurricane, my daughter went to the Film School at FSU..as far as clothes I have been preparing for colder weather but the reports are now looking more like 68-70 during the day so I am getting real confused as to what to bring....

My husband and I did this cruise last year on August 27th. You certainly won't need long underwear/thermals. Layering, as previous posters have said, is important. Some days when the sun is out it can be warm. If it's rainy, it is cold. We mostly wore sweatshirts in the ports, and we were very cold the first two days on the ship. There was a couple of times where the ship is blocked from wind and the sun is shining, my husband actually had no shirt on & I was in a t-shirt.

We did use ponchos as well, and I can't stress the binoculars enough! It's fun to spot those white mountain goats, and getting a better look at the whale play!

Enjoy it!! I loved it & can't wait to go back!!

Edited by venuti82413

Oh man what a quick response,no thermals here but I think they sell em.Never looked.That stuff I would by new from local or Amazon.Yes the needle is a big deal for us.It is an icon on the tv networks in the last few years.I also like the show the killing.Sad it was cancelled.Please any more advice throw it on a thread and thank you!!!!

I live in Miami my vacation home is in Southwest Florida Cape Coral great place

My DD went on the miracle to Alaska May 6 and she loves it.

I am going next May with my DH I want to see a lot of snow lol.

Edited by Isasprings