Price drops after booking and obc

I'm sailing on the Breeze in September and was wondering how the process goes for getting obc if the price drops a lot after booking. I booked an interior cabin midship with a cabin assignment guarantee at the time of booking. The price has dropped like over a hundred dollars each pax since and if my same category of cabin final price is way lower at sailing time, do I get the difference in obc or no? I haven't done a long 8 day cruise in a few years and wad wondering what the process is now. I'm also expecting a call from the upsell fairy at some point and hopefully if interiors are overbooked like they often are, will maybe get upgraded to an ov room or better. Thanks.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong but I think you can only price match until final payment date unless you booked early saver. Since your cruise is September, unless you booked one of the sales that didn't require final payment until 30 days before sailing, you are likely past final payment. At this point all you can hope for is an upgrade if the category above yours is priced lower.

Up until final payment date, you can price match. The total due will be reduced by that amount. After final payment you can only get OBC/price drops if you booked Early Saver. If you didn't, then the best you an hope for is to get a free upgrade if room categories above yours drop to the same or lower price than you had.

So you need to call Carnival or your TA if you used one and find out what rate you booked under first of all.

Thanks for the responses. I didn't do es because I didn't decide early enough that I wanted to do this sailing. I figure I might not get credit for the price drops but I paid everything off in 2 segments and I am planning on paying the gratuities ahead of time. It would be cool to get obc though, that could cover drinks and excursions and stuff. I still think I stand a good chance of an upgrade though, as I oftentimes will get one if they need to move people around right near cruise time. I usually book cruises only a few weeks out because it seems great deals can be had on unsold cabins closer in but I made an exception here because I wanted to make sure I had a cabin on this cruise that I really am looking forward to. It seems cruises always get cheaper closer to sailing.

Thanks for the responses. I didn't do es because I didn't decide early enough that I wanted to do this sailing. I figure I might not get credit for the price drops but I paid everything off in 2 segments and I am planning on paying the gratuities ahead of time. It would be cool to get obc though, that could cover drinks and excursions and stuff. I still think I stand a good chance of an upgrade though, as I oftentimes will get one if they need to move people around right near cruise time. I usually book cruises only a few weeks out because it seems great deals can be had on unsold cabins closer in but I made an exception here because I wanted to make sure I had a cabin on this cruise that I really am looking forward to. It seems cruises always get cheaper closer to sailing.

If your cruise is paid off, but final payment date hasn't officially passed yet, they will refund any price drops you get to the CC you paid with. They only do OBC after final payment for Early Saver. I do prepaid gratuities too. I like to get them out of the way. Hopefully you'll at least get an upgrade. Keep checking!