Flying into FLL - staying in hotel and shuttle to POM

Kristin1112

Ok CC geniuses out there...

We're flying into FLL the night before our cruise out of POM. Why to FLL then you ask? Well...the prices and distance from Las Vegas - it will take awhile and the earliest we can get into town is nearing 7pm.

SO, we plan to stay in or around FLL since it will be late-ish by the time we get in and to the hotel - so instead of staying in MIA that night, we'll just take a shuttle to POM the next morning.

Looking for a nicer hotel with a free shuttle from the FLL airport to the hotel that has restaurants within walking distance. Another requirement is a hotel that is south of FLL, even closing in on Hollywood or North Miami so our 'pay' shuttle to POM the next morning is reasonable.

I know I'm asking a lot, but I know you CC folks have all the inside scoops :D

Any recommendations? I'm usually a Priceline girl but am also trying LMT too.

Edited by Kristin1112

Hi neighbor. I'm also in vegas. Flying into FLL next month too but leaving from POM. Using SAS (highly recommended on CC and I used them in November) to pick up at the FLL hotel to downtown mia for $15/pp. Check their website for the hotels they'll pick you up from. Maybe you'll find some of them that have free shuttles the night before. Flight lands at 1am so didn't care about the hotel's location or amenities too much.

Hi neighbor. I'm also in vegas. Flying into FLL next month too but leaving from POM. Using SAS (highly recommended on CC and I used them in November) to pick up at the FLL hotel to downtown mia for $15/pp. Check their website for the hotels they'll pick you up from. Maybe you'll find some of them that have free shuttles the night before. Flight lands at 1am so didn't care about the hotel's location or amenities too much.

True !! SAS has a list of Ft Lauderdale hotels on their website that they will pick you up from. The price is $15.00 per person ( A couple of dollars less if you have more people).

We have used them a few times with no problems.

In addition to SAS check with QLS, MJS, and Go Airport Shuttle -- all pick up at different sets of hotels and fares tend to start at about $15 per person each way; same fare after your cruise will get you from POM back to FLL. The ride takes about 40-45 minutes.

http://www.sunny.org has lots of tourist and lodging info about the FLL area.

Hi Kristin-

We're doing about the same thing, but coming from AZ (on a red-eye... YUCK! But we have an extra hotel day to recover pre-cruise)

We're staying at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port in FLL. They have a free shuttle from the airport. Then we'll take QLS, SAS, or MJS (haven't decided) to the Miami Port on Monday morning. I like the idea of the shuttle drivers who know where they are going to deal with the construction, tolls & traffic. Well worth $30 (for 2).

I've been in touch with the Comfort Suites manager & she is very helpful. Rates are very reasonable.

Good luck & have fun!