Independence Med Spain cruise June 28th-July 12th repoooooort

I'm enjoying your report, especially the photos of Cadiz. It's beautiful, and reminds me a bit of Cartagena, Colombia.

I'll be taking my first trip on Independence in October, a four-night "sampler" cruise to France and Belgium, and then my second trip on her, sailing across the ocean to Florida, so I'm enjoying your ship pictures too.

Thanks for taking the time to report!

Beth

Hi Beth,

Are you on the 28th October sailing?

My son and I are also on that trip and did the same cruise last year too.

I've been enjoying visiting the Independence through Sinny's great review too.

There is a roll call going for that cruise if you haven't checked it out but prob no where near as lively as the one for your TA!

Catherine

Hi Beth,

Are you on the 28th October sailing?

My son and I are also on that trip and did the same cruise last year too.

I've been enjoying visiting the Independence through Sinny's great review too.

There is a roll call going for that cruise if you haven't checked it out but prob no where near as lively as the one for your TA!

Catherine

Yes, I'm on the October 28 sailing, and I can't wait!!! I've been on the roll call, but you're right, it's not NEARLY as active as the TA! Summer is my busy time at work (hardly a day off, seven days a week), so I don't have a whole lot of time to get involved in the roll calls, but my involvement in our summer activities winds down in less than three weeks, and then I can get into real "planning mode".

I'll see you on board!

Beth

I'm enjoying your report, especially the photos of Cadiz. It's beautiful, and reminds me a bit of Cartagena, Colombia.

I'll be taking my first trip on Independence in October, a four-night "sampler" cruise to France and Belgium, and then my second trip on her, sailing across the ocean to Florida, so I'm enjoying your ship pictures too.

Thanks for taking the time to report!

Beth

We were on her for the TA in May. Had a great time and really enjoyed going down memory lane.

Leaving Cadiz is a fun experience. We found the helipad!

ty3adugy.jpg

ve5eza8a.jpg

Cadiz is on an island and there is a huge bridge under construction.

ava8ane3.jpg

detapeje.jpg

Today was the last formal night.

I find it funny that people say here on rhe boards that "nobody will remember what you wore." I do. I remember very clearly what I wore. Especially when I look at the photos... it's right in front of my eyes!

yguqazuh.jpg

Our stuff fit great in the wardrobe.

emuvavag.jpg

Edited by Sinppu

Then it was time for dinner again. We so liked the MDR on this cruise, we really spent most of our dinners there.

And we noticed that we ate less.

When someone else decides your portion sizes, over-eating isn't easy!

Something strange had happened. I remember what this is... Spicy corn soup.

7epegema.jpg

Seafood salad.

asybade6.jpg

Lamb racks!

6u9ypara.jpg

Oh well, back to normal. This is some vegetarian stuff. With cheese.

u2adu2y3.jpg

And dessert... always have dessert. Especially if it's made of chocolate!

u9u8yzah.jpg

Or some fruity, fluffy, fatless... fluff.

a7ame8y4.jpg

Today was parade time.

An eager participation was seen in many tables.

ady7ezyv.jpg

ebamyna4.jpg

Today the show was quite all right, but not up to par with the first one I saw.

Some of the dancers were really amazing. Mark and Lisl were of course in a league of their own.

yry2eqyz.jpg

ve8u5yje.jpg

Take note of Joff's shoe laces. He had a different colour every night and we found it really funny to try to guess which colour he'd be wearing the next night.

He also walked past us a couple of times and was always very polite and talked to us. Although he might have recognized us as we sat in the front row at the progressive trivia on sea days.

Cruise Director's pets ;)

We went both to the Quest and Love & Marriage game show but didn't take any photos.

Unlike on cruises from the US, both these game shows are suitable for children.

They were no less funny though.

Also -in my opinion- the British are not as protective as the Americans about what their children hear.

Hence Joff's dirty humour might make the Brits roar and the Americans frown.

Edited by Sinppu

Yay we are in one of your pics....the side of me and the back of my hubby is lol. Thats him with psychodelic t-shirt on the heli deck as we leave cadiz xx

That was of course intentional.

;)

Hi Sinny,

What was your favourite entertainment act of the cruise? We are on the IOTS on 23rd August and looking forward to the bigger ship style entertainment :)

P.S - Loved your review so far !

Lisa xx

Hi! We loved the Bohemians (Queen tribute band), Rock Britannia and Invitation to Dance by RC Singers and Dancers.

And the ice shows if the cold never bothered you anyway ;)

Great review, thank you. I am just back from 14 nights on Indy, same ports slightly different order. Wish I had found your review before we sailed, we tend to DIY most ports and your advice is good.

xx

Yes, that's them.

They are featured heavily in the shows and are really a joy to watch.

We felt the same way. I enjoyed watching them, though I felt like they should have had their own show.

Thanks Sinny,

We love Queen..hope they are still on board on 23rd sailing!

My hubby calls me Elsa from Frozen so the Ice Shows sound right up my street ha ha xx:)

I was onboard Indy 26th July - 9th August and we didn't have the Queen act - we had several different acts including The Zoots (60s/70s music) and a Soul music group. Looks like they vary visiting acts, the production shows onboard are the same each cruise.

I was onboard Indy 26th July - 9th August and we didn't have the Queen act - we had several different acts including The Zoots (60s/70s music) and a Soul music group. Looks like they vary visiting acts, the production shows onboard are the same each cruise.

I've seen the Zoots 2 years ago on the Navigator. They were also really good.

What a sad day this is.

One if my favourite actors of all time is gone. RIP Robin Williams.

(And as if that wasn't enough, my little brother took his horrible girlfriend back.)

I need a cruise. Now.

What a sad day this is.

One if my favourite actors of all time is gone. RIP Robin Williams.

(And as if that wasn't enough, my little brother took his horrible girlfriend back.)

I need a cruise. Now.

Same here, except for the horrible girlfriend part.

Thank you for such a great review, we are on a similar cruise Sept 12, 16 nights on Adventure out of Southampton. A few of the ports I hadn't come up with things to do but you've given me some good ideas. I'm looking forward to the British influence on the ship, we've only sailed from US ports. Thank you

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you for such a great review, we are on a similar cruise Sept 12, 16 nights on Adventure out of Southampton. A few of the ports I hadn't come up with things to do but you've given me some good ideas. I'm looking forward to the British influence on the ship, we've only sailed from US ports. Thank you

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Happy to hear I could be of assistance ;)