Scuba - Belize -who does Princess use

compozer

Just booked and want to get all our dives planned. We prefer doing them on our own but with the long tender in Belize, I like the idea of them picking us up at the ship. We usually have paid around $100 and this dive is $199 through Princess. The other island ones through Princess are around $100. Have been to Belize but not diving. Is it more expensive there or is the added cost because of the convenience of picking us up at the ship?

My other concern is that Princess might drop the excursion. This happened in Maui on a Tahiti cruise last year. I printed the medical form and had my doctor sign it but when I went back to sign up, the excursion was gone. I called Princess and NO ONE knew anything about it - no surprise there. But it was very frustrating. Two years ago when we went on this same itenerary over Christmas, I waited to book excursions after we got on the ship and we were ok on most islands but everything was sold out in Belize. So, I don't know if I should trust Princess. We had planned to do a liveaboard but my husband would be bored to death - I dive with my son.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks for the info. By trust I mean. IS there a chance they may cancel the excursion like they did in Maui. There, I had enough time to make other plans but on a busy holiday cruise, I don't want to find out the excursion is off and not have enough time to book thru a good scuba company. As I said, there really isn't anyone to talk to at Princess that knows what is going on with excursions.

thanks again for your reply.

So, how is diving with Hugh Parkers? And do they limit the capacity?

I have done this excursion twice with Princess. I have already reserved the excursion for my next trip there in February 2015. on the Emerald Princess. As you can tell I enjoy their cruise that includes Belize. I never wait till on board to book an excursion. I also have never been turned down for an excursion when booking online. I have had weather cause excursion and ports to be missed. Those issues I can`t fault Princess for.

Glad to hear it CG.

King Neptune,

I have no problem with 10 to 12 divers on the boat. I keep hearing people say they are cattle cars with too many people. We have always booked our dives with private companies. I'll book with Princess for the Belize one right away. Thanks.

I also have questions about the other ports but will post separate.

Thanks for the fast replies.

The day I was there, they picked up groups from both cruise ships in port. It was a full boat but we were split into groups of 5-6

Same with us. There were 2 NCL ships, and the dive boat picked up divers from both ships. We had 20-30 on the dive boat. We split up into several groups, but it was still too many for me. I would have much rather gone with an independantly booked shop. Belize was the only dive excursion I've been on that was booked through the ship, and it was the most expensive by far, the most crowded by far, and the most disappointing as far as marine life... I'm glad I went, but it was the most disappointing.